Better off on benefits?

Mush

ive worked for 29 years out of 30, i moved to the coast last year and have been out of work for a year now, i fill my time in making wine, baking bread,in the greenhouse, going for a walk, beach casting and going on the beach with the kids on a nice day, i have a car and have days out. I live in rented accomodation and have 2 kids the eldest is 2 and another on the way,they cant make me work cus my partner is long term sick and iam responsible for looking after her and the kids. I left a £24k job last year and am better off on benefits! which rise another £3k a year when the babies born! im happy as larry! why would i want to get up at 6am for work to get £7 an hour?

People on benefits will shortly be conscripted into working for no pay - or face losing all of their benefits for three years. The multi-millionaires who devised this policy want to eradicate unemployment by ensuring that everyone has got unpaid work to go to.

Under the Condems being on benefits will shortly mean economic exploitation and destitution.

disagree interviewer, there are more and more people being made worse off working, propaganda like u suggested is just put round the keep the work force feel happier, my benefits have gone up 20% since this government got in! anyway its against human rights and the welfare state of britain to make such as myself give up someone whos ill and 3 kids to make me work, ive been to the dole office today and they have told me i dont have to work cus of my partner and if i want to work then it will be volentary on my part

disagree interviewer, there are more and more people being made worse off working, propaganda like u suggested is just put round the keep the work force feel happier, my benefits have gone up 20% since this government got in! anyway its against human rights and the welfare state of britain to make such as myself give up someone whos ill and 3 kids to make me work, ive been to the dole office today and they have told me i dont have to work cus of my partner and if i want to work then it will be volentary on my part

(Were still on the old system, Conservative changes are yet to filter though on any grand scale)

ive worked for 29 years out of 30, i moved to the coast last year and have been out of work for a year now, i fill my time in making wine, baking bread,in the greenhouse, going for a walk, beach casting and going on the beach with the kids on a nice day, i have a car and have days out. I live in rented accomodation and have 2 kids the eldest is 2 and another on the way,they cant make me work cus my partner is long term sick and iam responsible for looking after her and the kids. I left a £24k job last year and am better off on benefits! which rise another £3k a year when the babies born! im happy as larry! why would i want to get up at 6am for work to get £7 an hour?

Good on ya!:thumbsup:

You have done your bit, now look after those that are closest to you.:)

Sooner rather than later people will find going to work to br economically unviable.

I reckon anyone that commutes more than say 25 miles (each way) will soon be pooping their pants - I've seen in the papers that petrol may soon be £1.42 a litre. Anyone who uses more than 2 gallons of fuel per day, is going to need a hefty pay rise to get to work.

The only people immune are people who work within about 10 miles from their home

Or ride a bicycle :-) Best thing I've ever done. 25 mile round trip to work, save about £50 a month petrol and get fit at the same time.

It's nice to hear so much common sense on this thread. Although, I'm guessing the majority of people on here do work, have worked or at least want to. I say good on the Tories for making life hard for the work shy :D

Nice, just keep having kids and let them watch you sitting around, not working, whilst they grow up.

That will inspire them to get on in life. :-)

Your family will probably have an enhanced level of benefits to help with costs for your sick partner. And that's how it should be. And if she needs a carer, then better its you than having to pay someone else to come in.

How will your partner manage with another baby when she needs you to look after her and your other children?

Archived