Better off on benefits?

Mush

As always people are missing the point that to give up your job for a life on benefits is fraud.

Why do people see benefits as a lifestyle? Jobseekers allowance should be a temporary benefit for those who have lost their jobs, not a choice you can make based on which gets you more money.

Plus it affects you for the rest of your life, for example, if I received the CV of someone who had been out of work for two years, I wouldn't look past that (unless they've a reason, or have been involved in unpaid work of course) I would see them as having no motivation.

As always people are missing the point that to give up your job for a life on benefits is fraud.

Why do people see benefits as a lifestyle? Jobseekers allowance should be a temporary benefit for those who have lost their jobs, not a choice you can make based on which gets you more money.

Plus it affects you for the rest of your life, for example, if I received the CV of someone who had been out of work for two years, I wouldn't look past that (unless they've a reason, or have been involved in unpaid work of course) I would see them as having no motivation.

The point people are making is this.

With the cost of living, taxes etc....low paid work is financially unviable, on the otherhand being on benefits is fincancially viable, especially if you have a few kids for the state to look after

With the cost of living, taxes etc....low paid work is financially unviable, on the otherhand being on benefits is fincancially viable, especially if you have a few kids for the state to look after

It doesn't take away from the fact it is illegal and pretty disgusting.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Would you step on anyone to get there first?

Your reality seems your life is governed by what you allow others to take. You don't have to allow others to do that.

What on Earth are you talking about? You might want to get your mom to help you read through.

It doesn't take away from the fact it is illegal and pretty disgusting.

So you think it is better to do a job full time, for £5.93 an hour, get taxed and then not have enough money left over to be able to get a Mortgage for a one bedroomed flat?

And lets not forget other luxurys such as Holidays, on the minimuim wage you can forget these.

Whatever happened to "an honest days pay for an honest days work"

Crikey, if you go back 15 years a full time wage could get you onto the housing ladder

£16,000 for a terrace

£45,000 for a semi in a decentish area

£95,000 and you were looking at a detached in a decent area in somewhere like Loxley or even Lodge Moor

Plus people in work had treats such as holidays abroad, what treats does someone on the minimum wage get?

I know you will say "well that person can hold their head up high", but that doesn't pay the bills, nor does it pay enough for a working man to support a family

Advertising it in a smug manner doesn't help your cause in the eyes who work damn hard for very little.

So you think it is better to do a job full time, for £5.93 an hour, get taxed and then not have enough money left over to be able to get a Mortgage for a one bedroomed flat?

And lets not forget other luxurys such as Holidays, on the minimuim wage you can forget these.

Whatever happened to "an honest days pay for an honest days work"

Crikey, if you go back 15 years a full time wage could get you onto the housing ladder

£16,000 for a terrace

£45,000 for a semi in a decentish area

£95,000 and you were looking at a detached in a decent area in somewhere like Loxley or even Lodge Moor

Plus people in work had treats such as holidays abroad, what treats does someone on the minimum wage get?

I know you will say "well that person can hold their head up high", but that doesn't pay the bills, nor does it pay enough for a working man to support a family

Actually I don't think that's even linked to what I said, please read posts before replying to them.

Out of interest why do you think you're entitled to benefits simply because you're not worth more than £5.93 per hour?

Advertising it in a smug manner doesn't help your cause in the eyes who work damn hard for very little.

But nor does it make it better for people who are in work who do not get paid enough to purchase a shoebox for a home.

These people (the ones on low pay) also get taxed as a further kick in the teeth

Archived