Work disciplinary

Snook ... I see what you are saying but as a UNISON rep myself I have represented people who have only joined because they have found themselves in trouble , If I do a professional job and they get a sucessful outcome in many cases they become excellent recruiters as they will tell their colleagues and push the benefits of being a member.

Snook ... I see what you are saying but as a UNISON rep myself I have represented people who have only joined because they have found themselves in trouble , If I do a professional job and they get a sucessful outcome in many cases they become excellent recruiters as they will tell their colleagues and push the benefits of being a member.

hi. have i got any rights here as i said i have never had anything like this befor. how come no one as said anything to me at work like my manger or ops manger. just got home and got this letter.

You just need to go to the meeting - calmly explain your case and take any evidence of what caused the problem with you.....use any other mitigation you can ie first probelm ever, good attendance etc

Solicitors won;t be allowed but TU will - ask your lcoal rep of they are wilign to represent you - otherwise you should be offerd the opportunity to take someone else, a work colleague for instance.

hi ive got a disciplinary next week. just wanted to know if i join a union tomorrow could they come to the disciplinary with me. what it is i had a training course about two weeks ago set off at 7.am in mornin there was a crash on the m1 and i was sat in traffic for about 1hr phoned my manger who said if your late they will send you home. so he said come back to work which i did. they then put me on the training the next day to what i attend. now just come in from work today to open a letter sayin im on a disciplinary next week can some one help me pls ive never done anything like this befor thankyou.

Surely if you returned to work on your manager's advice he/she should be stating to whoever that he/she told you to do this and that you returned to work? Have they provided you with a back up... what are you being taken to disciplinary for? Not attending the course? Or using your phone illegally on the motorway? Seems very harsh to me.

Surely if you returned to work on your manager's advice he/she should be stating to whoever that he/she told you to do this and that you returned to work? Have they provided you with a back up... what are you being taken to disciplinary for? Not attending the course? Or using your phone illegally on the motorway? Seems very harsh to me.

not goin to the course. thats what i mean my manger told me to come back. i did not go back home went strait to work then put on the course the next day which i went to. now for me to go to this disciplnary im goin to lose money on that day because i will not be at work ive done nothin wrong.

not goin to the course. thats what i mean my manger told me to come back. i did not go back home went strait to work then put on the course the next day which i went to. now for me to go to this disciplnary im goin to lose money on that day because i will not be at work ive done nothin wrong.

It might be worth doing a quick search online to see if there are any reports on the crash in the local regional news, that way at least you have some proof the lateness was not your fault, your manager can confirm you phone him to ask him what to do and obeys his instructions.

Archived