Looking for a fishing buddy ?

ColleenB

• 3 weeks later...
hi my fiance has just recently lost his job and as spare time on his hand`s and want`s a fishing buddy for regular day`s out fishing we live in s5

thanks colleen

How about you going with him Colleen? I love it when my my sweetheart comes fishing with me.

im a course fisherman myself but wouldnt mind trying fly fishing what do you fish oddgitt?

I fish with a greys grxi 9ft 6" rod, which is rated for a 6 weight line. I fish mainly places likes barlow lakes, press manor, arnfield and now ladybower. Also hoping to get some experience this season of fishing the rivers round sheffield. The don and rivelin are suppose to be excellent trout and grayling waters.

I'm a relative beginner myself so not sure i could teach you the finer aspects of casting but would be more than happy to help you out as much as i can.

I fish for carp,this is a realy addictive past time,but i also like to have the odd day fly fishing.It all realy boils down to what kind of fishing you other harf wants to do.Has he got the tackle that he will need to fish.I will be intouch and give him the heads up next time i go.It wont be for a couple more week,the temps need to rise a tad before the big carp will have it.He will find that even if he goes with me he will more than likely spend 98% of the time on his own any how because the way fishing pegs are spread out.When fishing for big carp you have to have alot of patience because sometimes you can go a week or so without a take,but other days the fish will come one after another.He may be better of just fishing for any thing that swims ie bream roach tench before fishing for the carp that i fish for i only target fish over 20 lb.But if he is still interested then i will be happy to show him a few little edges that can help catch regular.If he wants to fly fish then i will take him to some of my secret little parts of the river i know greyling and brownies wild fish none of the fish farm trout.if he has the fly fishing tackle then i will meet him and show him what i know about fishing for trout and greyling.but i will go with him for the first few times if he wants to fly fish and be his gilly for a few outing s...........mick

Archived