Tony

Your Facebook useage  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Your Facebook useage

• I don't use it any more
    • It's a part of my daily life
    • Not as much as I used to
    • Hardly ever compared to before

They broke it and I don't like it as much.

It has become too invasive. Every 'improvement' they have made over thast year is just an improvement to advertisers and not the user.

Maybe they should spend a bit of time working on blockers for hackers rather than making it easier for marketing companies/stalkers ect to access all your details.

I'm sick of having to privatise my settings every other week.

They broke it and I don't like it as much.

It has become too invasive. Every 'improvement' they have made over thast year is just an improvement to advertisers and not the user.

Maybe they should spend a bit of time working on blockers for hackers rather than making it easier for marketing companies/stalkers ect to access all your details.

I'm sick of having to privatise my settings every other week.

Theres a now famous quote from Bruce Schneier security expert:

"Don't make the mistake of thinking you're Facebook's customer, you're not – you're the product," Schneier said. "Its customers are the advertisers."

full article:

http://www.information-age.com/channels/security-and-continuity/news/1290603/facebook-is-deliberately-killing-privacy-says-schneier.thtml

The facebook messages get sent to my hotmail account. I have disabled everything else so I no longer ever log in except to reply to specific messages. It's much better. Like an easier version of email!

what really annoyed me was their photograph policies. There is no option to prevent people from tagging you. I have to delete the tags regularly whilst getting annoyed at friends that have to put every single photo they take on facebook. My hand in the edge of a photo has been tagged before and I have been tagged as a black shadow???:loopy: It turns normal people into complete and utter losers!!

The facebook messages get sent to my hotmail account. I have disabled everything else so I no longer ever log in except to reply to specific messages. It's much better. Like an easier version of email!

what really annoyed me was their photograph policies. There is no option to prevent people from tagging you. I have to delete the tags regularly whilst getting annoyed at friends that have to put every single photo they take on facebook. My hand in the edge of a photo has been tagged before and I have been tagged as a black shadow???:loopy: It turns normal people into complete and utter losers!!

you can Change your settings so that no-one can see photos tagged of you though; so it doesn't really matter if people tag you or not. Plus if you un-tag a photo, no-one can ever re-tag you in it ;)

Archived