R.B.S Bonuses??

Given the vast amounts of money the bank lost, it's hard to believe that they actually have any "best staff." A junior appointment on a salary of £200,000 a year instead of £5m a year could hardly do very much worse.

My boyfs mate has just recieved his £600k yearly salary (I think that includes the bonus but I really don't know). Apparently he is officially a millionaire-mental! He has no life, no house, few friends and hates his job. I just don't get it, I'm not jealous of him in any way theres more to life than money!

....although a little bonus wouldn't go amiss:hihi:

My boyfs mate has just recieved his £600k yearly salary (I think that includes the bonus but I really don't know). Apparently he is officially a millionaire-mental! He has no life, no house, few friends and hates his job. I just don't get it, I'm not jealous of him in any way theres more to life than money!

....although a little bonus wouldn't go amiss:hihi:

As Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world".

People who have money and no soul are running this fiasco, should tell us something!

Why do people think the banks pay bonuses? Just to annoy the public?

They will be paid when people have either genuinely done a good job or are contractually obliged to receive a bonus. Also the headline figures on bonuses paid by banks often includes all the people on low salaries at branch level who rely on bonuses (obviously you shouldn't rely on a bonus but people do) to survive and have genuinely more than met the expectations of them.

The cases that need looking at are when people have it in their contract that they receive a bonus no matter what their performance is. I don't know how many that would apply to though. You would think any bonus amount should be based on performance as judged against people in the same industry.

Why do people think the banks pay bonuses? Just to annoy the public?

They will be paid when people have either genuinely done a good job or are contractually obliged to receive a bonus. Also the headline figures on bonuses paid by banks often includes all the people on low salaries at branch level who rely on bonuses (obviously you shouldn't rely on a bonus but people do) to survive and have genuinely more than met the expectations of them.

The cases that need looking at are when people have it in their contract that they receive a bonus no matter what their performance is. I don't know how many that would apply to though. You would think any bonus amount should be based on performance as judged against people in the same industry.

Yeah it's called a moral abomination.

The Royal Bank of Scotland (which is over 80% owned by us, the tax payer) has announced a 1 Billion loss for the last year ... Yet they payed out 1 Billion in bankers bonuses!!! ... and the head of the bank thinks that was right!!!

<removed>!!!

They turned round a £3,600,000,000 deficit to break even, then paid a bonus.

Seems fair to me (especially when you consider they - RBS - showed a £12,000,000 profit in the last 3 months of last year - the first time in years).

Since when have morals had anything to do with business in the private sector? :)

What was I thinking! I think a lot of people have become so indoctrinated with the "TurdWay" that they can no longer tell the difference between business and daylight robbery. Our ancestors would be ashamed of what many have done with the freedom to "do business". I just wish they wouldn't do their "business" all over the little people.

What was I thinking! I think a lot of people have become so indoctrinated with the "TurdWay" that they can no longer tell the difference between business and daylight robbery. Our ancestors would be ashamed of what many have done with the freedom to "do business". I just wish they wouldn't do their "business" all over the little people.

unfortunately, these people who 'do business' can pretty much do what they like as our entire economy would be stuffed without them. The government panders to them (for example- the barclays tax bill fiasco), and the city bends to there will.

Most of them are not performance based bonuses, they are bonuses guaranteed by their contracts - so they would be forced to pay them in court if they did not give them out.

which makes you think that there not really a bonus doesn't it?

They can perform as badly as they wan and yet they will still get a bonus?

I would give it them in shares that they couldn't sell for a certain amount of years at least, that way its in there best interests to increase the value of the company.

Archived