Is Castle Market cheaper/ better than supermarkets?

peys

Well some people on SF seem to object to people around supermarkets asking politely (and with the supermarket's consent) if they can sell a product or service (say a car-wash) to them, so maybe they would prefer to go to the market... oh hang on, no that wouldn't help.

You're quite right. However they are the lowest quality chicken breasts they sell so are likely to be pumped with water and not very pleasant. Also even at a fiver they are still more expensive than the market

Can you tell me how much you charge for 1k of chicken breasts as if they are cheaper as you say by 30-40% then I would probably buy them. Do you also guarantee that they have no added water? When I see a tray full of them in the market they are normally sitting in a pool of liquid of some sort.

The price of 1k of stew beef and 1k of mince would also come in handy.

But, its a good place for fish and some other items that are hard to get in a supermarket.

Castle market is definately cheaper, but quality isn't as good for veg; they often sell veg that is close to its use by date, or would be past its use by date (by supermarket standards). You just have to be discerning.

The other option is start growing veg in your garden if you have one, then you will save plenty and have really fresh food for the family, which hasn't been sprayed with cancer causing herbicides and pesticides.

Can you tell me how much you charge for 1k of chicken breasts as if they are cheaper as you say by 30-40% then I would probably buy them. Do you also guarantee that they have no added water? When I see a tray full of them in the market they are normally sitting in a pool of liquid of some sort.

The price of 1k of stew beef and 1k of mince would also come in handy.

But, its a good place for fish and some other items that are hard to get in a supermarket.

I wouldn't sell them for anything. I don't work in food retail

• 2 weeks later...

Archived