Favourite walks around the s6 area

the-lioness

I live in stannington and am very lucky to do so as its gorgeous countryside especially at this time of year when spring is starting to make an appearance :love:

My fave walks include up round twenty fields, onto flash lane and round the racetrack back down to stanny village. Great views of both sides of the valley, and at this time of year guaranteed to hear a skylark or two.

Round the loxley valley is another- down through the old refractory up onto storrs then through Dungworth maybe stopping for a pint and a pie at the Royal!

Round Dam flask is lovely- great to run round in the spring evenings as the sun is setting, birds tweeting away.

I could go on all day- Just wish I was out there now instead of stuck in work :rolleyes:

I moved to Stannington Village in 2001 and loved it. The village has a lovely feel about it (or did!). 5 minutes by car and you're in the countryside or walking some lovely walks. I love Stannington and wouldn't leave now (although I don't live in the village any more)

All round Damflask and down through the Loxley Woods, beautiful area

I used to spend a lot of time there when I was young, there and up round High Bradfield

My dad was born in a small farmhouse in the Rocher Woods behind the church at Bradfield, and my grandad used to have the farm at the top of Wood Fall Lane, as you can imagine I had a very nice childhood

went for a walk round the Rocher Woods last autumn, first time I'd been back in about 30 years & I could still remember where I was going

fantastic countryside

then you go over the top of the hill at Kirk Edge Road & see the Warncliffe Woods (on my way back to Chapeltown) and they just look so dark & miserable by comparisson

Archived