New Phone Number for City Council - £22 million

Mandem

That's my take on this total waste of money, too.

Dial in, and get answered by an operqtive, to connect you to the (hopefully) right department.

You pay to listen to Muzac or the ringing tone for god knows how long, whilst you wait for some drone to cotton on to the fact that a ringing phone needs to be picked up and answered.

And the dingbats are bringing in this idea, at a time when wonderful facilities like Surestart are being cut back drastically, and the city council access officers are being reduced from 1.5 to 0.5.

The disability charity I am involved with are faced with closure, if we are cut back any further. (we have cut back entirely to the bone, and minimised our outgoings, and have still endured a £6k cut over the last three years, and will have to pay more out of the reduced money than we receive.)

Pathetic. Just pathetic. and John Mothersole is there, being lauded for allowing his £184,000 annual salary to be cut by £9,000.

Think you have rather missed the point. This will save money. So if you didnt do it then more would have to be taken from Sure Start etc.

Btw, don't think a 15% funding reduction and no closures is drastic when you consider places like Manchester and Leeds are closing them left, right and centre.

So is that like 400 choices on the main menu? 90 sub choices? 40 sub sub choices? you will be at it all kin day with that.

So is this why they are cutting police jobs?

Just to get an engaged tone/moosick with the odd automated message saying "i'm sorry all our call agents are busy at the moment, blah blah (which in the language of Digsy means "silly sheople should wait")".

The phones will constantly be engaged because less funding goes into real people and is instead pumped into fake popup chat boxes with automated responses that bare no resemblance to what your actually talking about.

And websites that look flashy but confuse the living daylights out of you.

Just to get an engaged tone/moosick with the odd automated message saying "i'm sorry all our call agents are busy at the moment, blah blah (which in the language of Digsy means "silly sheople should wait")".

The phones will constantly be engaged because less funding goes into real people and is instead pumped into fake popup chat boxes with automated responses that bare no resemblance to what your actually talking about.

And websites that look flashy but confuse the living daylights out of you.

Digsy just introduced the nail to the hammerhead!

Probably wanting to justify getting rid of the Meridian switch and going VOIP instead.

quite possibly , the NHS trust I work for has been able to 'bury' the costs of going VoIP in the new build costs....

as others have said I suspect the 22 milion will be the cost of replacing the vast majority of the council's telecom network and equipment

Archived