Illegal immigrant pensioners

Chances are, the majority of illegals are still of working age and the true scale of the problem won't become apparent for many years. I guess it's not such a huge issue right now.

When it does we'll be all chocolate coloured anyway, then we will know who the frothys are, they'll be all milky. :D

When I was at school I worked part time in the canteen of a factory, the workers in the factory were almost all immigrants (not because they we're working for less than minimum wage but because they were the only ones that applied for jobs).

The factory did employ illegal immigrants, and many of them would have died in their home rather than risked going to a hospital.

In fact many of them thought the risk of being caught was far higher than I'm sure it actually is (maybe they were right as a police raid did see a lot of them arrested).

My point is, a lot of them dealt with the health problems and the elderly at home and wouldn't dare go to hospitals, I thought this indicated that illegal immigrants didn't get healthcare without question.

Edit: Maybe best to ignore me, this isn't that relevant, I don't think I was paying too much attention.

When I was at school I worked part time in the canteen of a factory, the workers in the factory were almost all immigrants (not because they we're working for less than minimum wage but because they were the only ones that applied for jobs).

The factory did employ illegal immigrants, and many of them would have died in their home rather than risked going to a hospital.

In fact many of them thought the risk of being caught was far higher than I'm sure it actually is (maybe they were right as a police raid did see a lot of them arrested).

My point is, a lot of them dealt with the health problems and the elderly at home and wouldn't dare go to hospitals, I thought this indicated that illegal immigrants didn't get healthcare without question.

Edit: Maybe best to ignore me, this isn't that relevant, I don't think I was paying too much attention.

I think this is very relevant Claire in trying to understand what happens. Thanks

I can't imagine a 90 bloke jumping out of the back of a lorry, can you? They will have gained ILR long before the retire, since most of them are in their 20s. Illegal immigrants have only to be in the UK for 14 years before they get ILR. Until that time they will be supported by their family/community and probably employed in the family business, unless they are an oppressed housewife.

I can't imagine a 90 bloke jumping out of the back of a lorry, can you? They will have gained ILR long before the retire, since most of them are in their 20s. Illegal immigrants have only to be in the UK for 14 years before they get ILR. Until that time they will be supported by their family/community and probably employed in the family business, unless they are an oppressed housewife.

What is ILR ?

What is ILR ?

Indefinite Leave to Remain. Its a specific visa that gives you the right to stay in the UK (but does not give you the rights to social benefits). They would need to take and pass the Life in the UK test before they could qualify for ILR.

Once someone qualifies for their ILR they can then apply for citizenship and a British passport.

The majority of people coming in from Non-EU countries go down this route after 3 years under a marriage or work visas

Archived