Where to have a good look/test at double prams

A personal warning from a previous double buggy user, do not buy a side to side one if you want to go out shopping, Even if it fits through the doors the aisles are too narrow. Depending whether your children are the same age or one is slightly older, the mothercare hoxton was very heavy at the front as you sit your eldest there and trying to get it up and down curbs was horrendous, same with the longer version at mothercare (my friend actually broke her frame lifting it up a step). The two best doubles ive found are the phil and teds and jane power twin. The phil and ted is brill for pushing only thing that I didnt like but my son never complained was how low he was and his view was not very good. I have another friend who had a jane power and shes says they only thing wrong with it is that it doesnt fit in her car. Oh the joys. Hope this may have been a little helpful. Happy trying out.

Have to agree with pjozzie, Phil and Ted's are the best by far, superb quality, handle any terrain (snow included!!!) and are easy to get on and off public transport, around shops etc. It also folds up quite small and will easily fit in the boot of a corsa size vehicle - for example. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES buy a side by side one or one of those awful train-like ones. Impractical and look awful!

Archived