Immigration up 36%

Lies damn lies and statistics …………. So who is right?

Figures show 20% increase in net migration to UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/aug/26/net-migration-to-uk-increases

At the same time, the number of Poles and other eastern Europeans coming to work in Britain between April and June this year stood at 28,645 – about the same level as last year but half the number of arrivals in 2008.

But while the number of people coming to work in Britain has continued to fall amid the economic downturn, the rise in the number of overseas students in 2009 has continued into the first six months of 2010

I thought the coalition was going to get a grip on this,well they better get a move on cus at this rate the country will be seriously overcrowded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12535437

I'd like to see the coalition reach it's goal of reducing net immigration to teh tens of thousands per year, but whilst ever we are in the EU, it will never be achieved. Any party that is serious about getting a grip on immigration must realise that we cannot control our own borders whilst ever we are a fully paid up member of the EU.

I thought the coalition was going to get a grip on this,well they better get a move on cus at this rate the country will be seriously overcrowded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12535437

The figures are for June 2010. The General election was the month before. Hardly time to have made a difference? Also, net immigration counts the number of people coming in and takes away the number leaving the UK. From the quote: 'While the number of people settling in the UK on a long-term basis has fallen slightly, this has offset by a sharp fall in the number leaving'.

The coalition need mass immigration to keep wages low. Unless you are willing to work for three shillings and ha'penny a week (like EU immigrants are) then business leaders are gonna keep letting them in.

x

what on earth are you talking about?

I see once again Labour are quiet on the subject other than saying "the worst of all worlds". What on earth does that mean anyway?

When I think of Labour I think of them as occupiers of a house they could no longer afford, and just before they were evicted they wrecked the place and smeared dog muck into the carpets just out of spite.

I see once again Labour are quiet on the subject other than saying "the worst of all worlds". What on earth does that mean anyway?

When I think of Labour I think of them as occupiers of a house they could no longer afford, and just before they were evicted they wrecked the place and smeared dog muck into the carpets just out of spite.

So you're saying the Conservatives don't fo immigration then?

Archived