An end to lower car insurance just because you're a woman

this will make you all chckle lol

...me personally think that all insurance premiums should be the same price no matter of what sex they are i think it stinks. my 19 yr old son is looking for his own car after being on my isurance for almost 3 yrs (in june when hes 20) coz he cant afford to folkout for the insurance n he still looking at around 1500 for a 1.2 corsa.

Why should low-risk drivers with a proven good driving record pay for high-risk drivers with no driving record at all, or a record of crashes?:huh:

it really winds me up when i see a woman putting makeup on in the car whilst driving. dunno if anybody on here does that but it really winds me up.

Take the number and report them - but not on your mobile while you're driving.

i also think that it sucks that its cheaper for other job types, bus, lorry drivers get cheaper insurance. why is this it only take a split second to loose your concentration and cause a serious accident

Not all other job types. Policemen (those with class 'A' licences) often have to pay higher premiums... Because they're more highly skilled?

that wasnt true on the news, the male had an insurance quote of over 3k, but im pretty sure that car wasnt worth that.

since i was 17 (im now 22) when i passed my test my insurance has actually increased over they years. car insurance is daylight robery and the high rates just mean more an more people simply dont bother getting any, as in the end the police do very little about it.

The bigger payout isn't for you, it's for the ferrari you might possibly destroy which will cost considerably more than the premium paid.

What gets me is that insurers are keen to individualise when it suits them.

For example, a year or so ago there was talk to increase premiums of anyone caught speeding, or being a smoker (on the basis you might drop your fag and have a crash).

What about if I look away from the road to tune my radio in?

this will make you all chckle lol

i have a Nissan Primera GT n it costs me about £300 a year to insure. add my 21 year old son on the insurance n it goes to £900, how ever i add my 19 year old son on as well n it goes up to £1800. this is the funny part if i take my 19 year old son off n add my 21 year old sons girlfriend on it (shes 19) it goes down to about £750.

me personally think that all insurance premiums should be the same price no matter of what sex they are i think it stinks. my 19 yr old son is looking for his own car after being on my isurance for almost 3 yrs (in june when hes 20) coz he cant afford to folkout for the insurance n he still looking at around 1500 for a 1.2 corsa.

it really winds me up when i see a woman putting makeup on in the car whilst driving. dunno if anybody on here does that but it really winds me up.

i also think that it sucks that its cheaper for other job types, bus, lorry drivers get cheaper insurance. why is this it only take a split second to loose your concentration and cause a serious accident

Women doing their make up is very dangerous I agree.

However your son's insurance premium is so high because there are some young lads on the roads who drive their cars around like they would if they were playing GTA on their PS3.

I could easily say, 'It really winds me up when I see men driving 3x the speed limit, or men overtaking me just to get 5 yards closer to the red light in front. :roll:

You just cannot use your experience of seeing some women doing their make up in the car as a basis for assessing motor insurance and risk and claiming your son has been conned because of this!

It really winds me up when I see white van men using their phones whilst driving but their insurance will no doubt be £100s less than mine.

Archived