Having a car problem

hi, ive just been driving in my corsa when all of a sudden it started to "kangaroo" (i think thats the term), it didnt matter how much i accelerated it just wouldnt have it. does anyone know what is wrong with it? ive managed to get home tho. P.S the engine management light didnt come on. thanks:help:

same happened on my vectra a few week ago an took it 2 garage an they couldnt tell me exactly what was wrong, said it was an gearbox or engine problem so was gonna scrap it when a bloke at work said try changing plugs an leads but my model has a coil pack so got one from scrap yard an like new now..had same problems as your describing so might be worth a try..good luck

cheers rich81 but i had all that done a few weeks ago. And yes i do get more acceleration when in a higher gear. Do you know how i can fix it? Thanks

I'm not sure if it's the same in every car but the throttle body might be getting stuck. You might be able to get away with cleaning it up, seeing if there's any debris stuck in there, otherwise you may have to replace it.

Archived