Well to do caught fiddling

Amuses me how light the sentence they get,community sevice for stealing 100grand,its worth the risk.

That's strange, the article in the link says they got 12 weeks in jail.

12 weeks inside for 100k is hardly a long sentence, but presumably (and hopefully) they did have to pay it back. - If, of course, they've got it. The article seems to suggest she has a title - which she inherited from her late husband - but that doesn't necessarily mean she's well-off.

It just means that you thieve 100k and get a token slap on the wrist. Once again we see that the law is made by the rich for the rich.

Was she ordered to repay the money I wonder?

a quote from the bottom of the original link would suggest they all will have to pay the stolen money back

." Under the new Welfare Reform Bill, fraudsters will have to pay back what they stole and face a minimum £350 fine"

Has that bill come into effect yet?

I understand that others who have been caught defrauding the State have been required to repay the money - where they had it.

no doubt she will have her assets siezed, eg her house, if she doent pay it back

Archived