Wedding dress problem

Hi, I was given my wedding dress second hand (it's gorgeous & I was very lucky to be given it). It doesn't have a 'train' as such, but it is quite long at the back. There is a tiny hook at the bottom of the lace up part at the back. When I put the dress on to show my sister, she said maybe there should have been a small loop on the back/bottom of the dress to hook onto it so the dress isn't quite so big/trailing at the back during the day? (there is a bit of thread that looks a though a loop was there but snapped)? Does anyone have anything similar on their dress? If it is meant to have a small loop, can anyone recommend somewhere to have it done? (or should I just put a thread loop on myself)?? Thanks x

Could it be to put your middle finger through after the wedding so the back isn't flawing & to stop people or yourself tripping over it?

Check the base of the bustier/top. Does it have a button? or thread hanging were a button would go?

If so it's to hold your train up. :)

Archived