Labour MP John McDonnell calls for election on end of Welfare State

One of the interesting things on SF is how tories and other right wingers dominate discussions on the boards on anything political, especially benefits, etc, yet in Sheffield itself they don't have any M.P's, even councillors,

representative?

or the return of the green ink brigade but in cyberspace...

One of the interesting things on SF is how tories and other right wingers dominate discussions on the boards on anything political, especially benefits, etc, yet in Sheffield itself they don't have any M.P's, even councillors,

representative?

or the return of the green ink brigade but in cyberspace...

Strange post considering this thread (like many others) has been started by a lefty liberalist 'labourite', I find the opposite to be true, that the 'General Discussions' on SF are dominated by people with a lot of time on their hands, many of them clearly 'public sector workers' !

As a 'working class', Thatcher hating, private sector 'worker', I hate the way that the previous 'Labour' government and our 'local council' have leached off the normal people of this country just as much as the utility companies and the banks !

Strange post considering this thread (like many others) has been started by a lefty liberalist 'labourite', I find the opposite to be true, that the 'General Discussions' on SF are dominated by people with a lot of time on their hands, many of them clearly 'public sector workers' !

As a 'working class', Thatcher hating, private sector 'worker', I hate the way that the previous 'Labour' government and our 'local council' have leached off the normal people of this country just as much as the utility companies and the banks !

Well it show's how wrong you can be, can't speak for any others but I do not work in the public sector.

What is the opposite of a 'lefty liberalist Labourite'.

Sorry to interrupt your rant but what do you think to the NHS cuts and the ConDems plans to open up all of the public services to the market?

No, the private sector is simply being given the right to bid to operate public services. Are you not confident in the public sectors ability to write and manage a proper contract and specification for those services?

You mean like the PFI contracts ? ;)

Or some of those MOD contracts ? :o

Or the IT contracts ? :hihi:

The welfare state has pretty much destroyed this country as a world power. Seriously, if there had been a welfare state prior to the industrial revolution there never would have been an industrial revolution. Now the welfare state is preventing us from progressing into the post-industrial world as so many people are simply living how they did during industrial times at the expense of the state.

Well it show's how wrong you can be, can't speak for any others but I do not work in the public sector. I did not say 'you' did !

What is the opposite of a 'lefty liberalist Labourite'. Is that because you think I am the opposite ? How wrong can you be !

Sorry to interrupt your rant but what do you think to the NHS cuts and the ConDems plans to open up all of the public services to the market?

What's your alternative to NHS cuts, the cloth needs cutting accordingly, that may sound harsh when peoples health is concerned, but the cost of our Public Services can not be sustained, millions of us are feeling the pinch, many have been squeezed enough over the years, we can't afford it !

The welfare state has pretty much destroyed this country as a world power.

no it hasn't, two world wars and unwinding the empire destroyed the country as a world power

Seriously, if there had been a welfare state prior to the industrial revolution there never would have been an industrial revolution. Now the welfare state is preventing us from progressing into the post-industrial world as so many people are simply living how they did during industrial times at the expense of the state.

so how would you expect people to live in this post-industrial world?

Archived