Vegetable oil prices

That is about a 25% rise.

Just before Christmas "Filippo extra virgin olive oil" was £4.50 per litre. When the shops opened again the same item was £6.79 which is more than 60% increase.That was in Tesco Rotherham.

That is about a 25% rise.

Just before Christmas "Filippo extra virgin olive oil" was £4.50 per litre. When the shops opened again the same item was £6.79 which is more than 60% increase.That was in Tesco Rotherham.

Daylight robbery from the lovely supermarkets.

went to buy some oil for my deep fat fryer, last time i got it about 2 months ago it was £2.93 for 3 litres at morrisons, now its almost £4 for the same 3 litres, is it me or is veg oil linked to fuel cost increases :suspect::suspect:

The petro-chemical industry supply fertilisers ;if they are more expensive then sunflower and other oils rise in price.In addition recycled oil can be used as a bio-fuel so will be dearer as petroleum gains value.Morrisons also are concerned to reduce the consumption of chips and have raised the price of oil amd spuds.

Archived