The idiocy of conspiracy theorists

Tony

A persons position in relation to a given situation irrevocably alters what he sees. Is it a "conspiracy" that bankers have looted our economy? Not if you believe it was the result of sheer incompetence. But some, and some well informed don’t believe that it was due to sheer incompetence. Seeing connections between de regulation of the banks, declining markets in the West and the justification needed to repeal union right s and civil liberties. Are you seriously arguing that we haven’t seen a continual undermining of civil liberties in this country?

It is nothing more than vantage point and information. One mans Paranoia is another mans clarity.

That quote of R.D Laing is referring to post traumatic stress disorder not paranoia.

Were you lying or did you not know?

Seeing as we're talking about laymen calling conspiracy theorists paranoid and not doctors treating schizophrenics the definition I provided is perfectly apt.

Laing was referring to an adaptation of the individual to a dysfunctional environment. So the study of Human Psychology is magically separate from laymen is it?

I think you need to rethink what you believe Psychology to be studying.

Laing was referring to an adaptation of the individual to a dysfunctional environment.
So not what you said, I repeat my question. Were you lying or did you not know?

So the study of Human Psychology is magically separate from laymen is it?
No, but the context of the term paranoia is different when you're talking about schizophrenics who need treatment and silly fools on the internet.

I think you need to rethink what you believe Psychology to be studying.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.:|

Reality isn't a clockwork machine is it? The "laws" are not external, they are intrinsic, in everything and inseparable from everything. We don’t create some external set of rules which define that which exists. What exists defines the rules we establish as real. It is called science.

Paranoia, is not a dictionary absolute, it is an organic state of the individual and as such a subjective experience based on Psychological states of being that irreducible to mechanical "laws" or definitions.

So not what you said, I repeat my question. Were you lying or did you not know?

No, but the context of the term paranoia is different when you're talking about schizophrenics who need treatment and silly fools on the internet.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.:|

Your question has been answered, and your erroneous point about P.TS.D refuted. If you want to call me a fool P.M \YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND WE CAN MEET UP.

Archived