Strong As Steel Wrestling Academy opens 27th Feb

jubby

Time

27 February · 10:00 - 12:00

STEEL CITY DOJO

68 Eldon Street, (S1 4GT)

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Strong As Steel Wrestling Academy would like to invite you to its first training session. Sunday 27th Feb 2011 10-12 (arrive for 930 for prompt start). 68 Eldon Street Sheffield S1 4GT. Close to Devonshire Green and the Moor. Nearest tram stop is West Street (5 min walk). Free Parking on site and on nearby roads. Training sessions will be run by The Pigman And Hogg. Any questions vi...sit the CSW website and download the info pack. FIRST SESSION IS FREE!!! Then £5/£3 a week

Time

27 February · 10:00 - 12:00

STEEL CITY DOJO

68 Eldon Street, (S1 4GT)

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Strong As Steel Wrestling Academy would like to invite you to its first training session. Sunday 27th Feb 2011 10-12 (arrive for 930 for prompt start). 68 Eldon Street Sheffield S1 4GT. Close to Devonshire Green and the Moor. Nearest tram stop is West Street (5 min walk). Free Parking on site and on nearby roads. Training sessions will be run by The Pigman And Hogg. Any questions vi...sit the CSW website and download the info pack. FIRST SESSION IS FREE!!! Then £5/£3 a week

All the best with it Jubby!

What kind of Wrestling is it?

I attended the first Strong as Steel training session today and I must say it very well organised!

Andy Hogg and Johnny Midnight were brilliant as trainers, working with first timers to experienced trainees.

I can highly reccomend anyone in the Sheffield area, who wants to wrestle should check out this school!

Well done Richard, Andy & Johnny.

P.S. It's Professional Wrestling Chef Kicker!

Is anybody in the forum going to the next SAS training session on Sunday?

If anyone is interested in going and has any questions etc... feel free to PM me.

I've been wrestling since 2003 and will be able to answers any sensible questions / offer opinions.

Thank you,

FCJ

• 1 month later...

PRESS RELEASE

Yorkshire Youngsters Learn the Ropes to Achieving Wrestling Success.

Young people from across the Yorkshire region have taken to the challenge to achieve success in the world of professional wrestling at an academy in Sheffield.

The members who are aged from 10 years upwards are giving up their Sunday mornings to be slammed, thrown and generally put through the ringer at the Strong As Steel Wrestling Academy to try and emulate heroes like John Cena in a safe environment under the watchful eyes of experienced trainers ‘The Pigman’ Andy Hogg and Johnny Midnight. As well as learning wrestling they have the opportunity to learn all manner of theatrical activities, from lighting to stage management.

The training is structured and the young trainees work through the grading system of the British Wrestling Coalition (formally Council) to ensure they are able to achieve their goals in a uniformed way. BWC founder Alex Shane stated “Despite there being a fair few holds, locks, moves and falls that you must know, the majority of the syllabus is designed to reward people for their own individuality and unique way of doing things”.

After the trainees reach a high enough standard they hope to achieve a spot on the academy’s City of Steel Wrestling shows, working alongside some of the UK’s best wrestlers. Even if they are unable to wrestle some trainees hope to improve on other skills such as public speaking by appearing as a referee, MC or manager on these shows or even working as part of the production crew.

Strong As Steel Wrestling Academy owner Richard Jubb stated “I am really proud to see so many young people come down on a Sunday to train with us. By offering our training to such a young membership I feel we are preparing the future with the next generation of wrestler. By offering training in other areas, this also ensures the industry stays the unique style of entertainment thousands of people have come to love. With us following the BWC syllabus, young people are learning team building, discipline, and gaining a higher fitness level.”

As an example of the commitment the trainees are demonstrating trainee Dave Bailey wakes up at 6am to come and train with some of his friends and says “It’s awesome, I love it and I made the right choice to keep coming”.

NOTES FOR THE NEWS DESK

Strong As Steel Wrestling Academy trains on Sunday mornings. Trainees must be aged 10 or over to train. Cost is £5/£3 (under 18/student) per week and this entitles member to 2 hours free training a week.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Strong as Steel Wrestling Academy are now putting on shows through their promotion sister company City of Steel Wrestling. First Show, September 9th @ the Library Theatre, Sheffield.

Link to show thread;

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=821854

Promo vignettes;

http://youtu.be/Yr0ZSQdjVYY

http://youtu.be/17Xt99uk9aw

FCJ

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi just to let everyone know that the school is not permently closed. It has new management and is currently reviewing training venues etc.

Despite rumours we have not reopened in Derbyshire or are connected with any school in Derbyshire.

City of steel wrestling shows are also set to return with shows planned in feb, April, and late may early June. Details to follow and will be posted in an events thread.

Archived