Who remembers Sheffield band the Various Vegetables?

bluemonday

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by theimposter

Which band were you in Sharpshooter???

I saw them at one of my first ever gigs. Pulp, Longpigs & Various Vegatables as City Hall Ballroom, July 1992..........

back then I was in a band called 2 til 10, which eventually dropped the 'til' and became 2:10...

we played the leadmill, hallamshire, uni, and did a couple of record company showcases in manchester but if truth be known although we were well received and had a faithful (if small) following, we were never really destined for greatness. There were four very distinct personalities/egos and too much 'politics' went on for my liking. We split in 1994, I hung up my mic for a couple of years, dabbled again with a band called sikorski, but that was just a little hobby, before getting a call in 2002 to audition for the Sharp Cuts. Been with themn now since 2003, and loving it, also written and recorded an album with my mate James Bacon, who was in a band called mindfeel with Simon Hinkler ( artery/pulp/the mission). We're calling the project 'Grosse Konig' and the album will be available in January, as will our website which is currently 'under construction'. I realise you didnt ask for all that info but if ya get me started on music I will ramble :hihi:

:clap:

coming soon grossekonig.co.uk

I saw 2:10 at the Hallamshire...I can't remember who with...The Bendy Monsters? The Protectors?...These Animal Men?? Im sure it was These Animal Men...I've got the flyer somewhere. What a gig...I got my pic in the NME when the reviewed it....

Good luck with the new project...I like you are currently starting a new project "The Zeligs" following a split from my old band.......

Originally posted by sharpsinger

back then I was in a band called 2 til 10, which eventually dropped the 'til' and became 2:10...

we played the leadmill, hallamshire, uni, and did a couple of record company showcases in manchester but if truth be known although we were well received and had a faithful (if small) following, we were never really destined for greatness. There were four very distinct personalities/egos and too much 'politics' went on for my liking. We split in 1994, I hung up my mic for a couple of years, dabbled again with a band called sikorski, but that was just a little hobby, before getting a call in 2002 to audition for the Sharp Cuts. Been with themn now since 2003, and loving it, also written and recorded an album with my mate James Bacon, who was in a band called mindfeel with Simon Hinkler ( artery/pulp/the mission). We're calling the project 'Grosse Konig' and the album will be available in January, as will our website which is currently 'under construction'. I realise you didnt ask for all that info but if ya get me started on music I will ramble :hihi:

coming soon grossekonig.co.uk

Originally posted by theimposter

I saw 2:10 at the Hallamshire...I can't remember who with...The Bendy Monsters? The Protectors?...These Animal Men?? Im sure it was These Animal Men...I've got the flyer somewhere. What a gig...I got my pic in the NME when the reviewed it....

Good luck with the new project...I like you are currently starting a new project "The Zeligs" following a split from my old band.......

ayup theimposter.... it was These Animal Men who we supported at the hallamshire, and it was a great night, the place was rammed even when we were on, and we had a top laugh. One of the funny things about that night was these animal men, onstage they were all shouty and 'punk' but offstage they were, with all respect, a bunch of southern softies , 'hooligan' was actually the very nicely spoken 'julian' and the drummer was getting all upset because he thought our drummer was going to wreck his snare, til we explained we had our own stuff. they had the big dressing room upstairs, and we didnt get a dressing room at all , they were complaining that there were not enough sandwiches and cans of lager, but all in all they were ok lads.

aah memories, it was a great scene back then, would love to see that flyer and any pics you took theimposter.

Archived