Who are the Most Overrated Historical Figures?

He terrorised people in order to try and get political change. He was a terrorist.

It must have been quite terrifying for the people on the ground when bomber command dropped thousands of bombs on Dresden during WWII. Does that mean the RAF are terrorists?

It must have been quite terrifying for the people on the ground when bomber command dropped thousands of bombs on Dresden during WWII. Does that mean the RAF are terrorists?

Well yes, of course, bombing civilians like Britain and others did in world war 2 was terrorism.

No one's mentioned the most over-rated historical person, so here goes - THATCHER.

I know she's not dead yet, so may not count as historical, but my God if anyone has a good reputation that they don't deserve, it is Thatcher.

She was the most unpopular PM, until she managed to find herself a war to fight with a third world dictator; she did far more damage to manufacturing industry than any PM has done before or since; she was responsible for putting in place a whole range of social policies that we are still living with the consequences of today. I could go on and on and on and on...

Stands back and waits for a reaction. :D

Dont blame the RAF. They did what they were told to do and it all came about as a result of the failures of diplomacy and foreign policy as practiced by naive and easily misled politicians 6 years before.

Alumni, Cuckoo Park Institute for the mentally deranged and criminally insane

No one's mentioned the most over-rated historical person, so here goes - THATCHER.

I know she's not dead yet, so may not count as historical, but my God if anyone has a good reputation that they don't deserve, it is Thatcher.

She was the most unpopular PM, until she managed to find herself a war to fight with a third world dictator; she did far more damage to manufacturing industry than any PM has done before or since; she was responsible for putting in place a whole range of social policies that we are still living with the consequences of today. I could go on and on and on and on...

Stands back and waits for a reaction. :D

:clap::clap::clap: Couldn't agree more- brought country to it's knees then baled out much like rest of them since

Archived