Who are the Most Overrated Historical Figures?

I'm puzzled why you include Winston Churchill on that list. I assume it is because you are totally ignorant about his entire life.

People talk about him as if he was some arbiter of justice, but he was nothing more than a racist corporatist imperialist. A very bright bloke with a fascinating life, but had horrible convictions of ultranationalism. Very much like Ronald Reagan for that matter.

It really depends on what perspective you're basing who the "greatest" Prime Minister was, but I'd be happy to say that it definitely wasn't Winston.

jesus................

I was gonna say that.

He probably was a nice bloke who helped people etc, but there's nothing more than stories to suggest otherwise. If it said in a book that Winston Churchill had walked on water and turned water into wine, people would have said he had some entertaining party tricks, not hailed him as a miracle-worker!

To say that a historical figure actually DID carry out these feats would be somewhat exaggerating.

Jesus: practically everything about his life was either made up or ripped of from the fairytales of the time.

How can anyone be more overrated than someone who is regarded as the perfect son of god by millions?

Wrong: TWO BILLION PEOPLE :gag:

Archived