Space Shuttle and ISS over Sheffield

Around 9.30pm i received a phone call from a mate saying the international space station was due over sheffield at 9.34 this info came from a fellow on twitter went outside and looked up here in Beighton and sure enough something big and bright was going over dint look like an aeroplane

I wonder if it was the station anybody know if it was due over here anybody see it.

If you sign up to Heavens Above it gives you all the info regarding pass overs mate.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 22:41 ----------

Ps, there's two pass overs tomorrow - 20:43:27 & 22:20:03, both pretty bright too.

I'd like to see this too and it's a really clear sky tonight ... which direction should I look in? (apart from the blatantly obvious) :huh:

If you sign up to Heavens Above it gives you all the info regarding pass overs mate.

Ps, there's two pass overs tomorrow - 20:43:27 & 22:20:03, both pretty bright too.

Well will try and see it again will get my binoculars out of the car cheers

Edited by medusa
fixed tags- allwednedays, please stop removing tags when you quote

I'd like to see this too and it's a really clear sky tonight ... which direction should I look in? (apart from the blatantly obvious) :huh:

To the West mate, though it's only 17 degrees above the horizon, and about as bright as Polaris.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 22:50 ----------

There's also an Iridium flare that's quite bright later, to the WSW at 1 minute after midnight, if your up late.

To the West mate, though it's only 17 degrees above the horizon, and about as bright as Polaris.There's also an Iridium flare that's quite bright later, to the WSW at 1 minute after midnight, if your up late

Will have to google that one don't have a clue what a Iridium flare is but it sounds interesting

Edited by medusa
fixed tags- allwednesday, please stop removing tags when you quote

To the West mate, though it's only 17 degrees above the horizon, and about as bright as Polaris.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 22:50 ----------

There's also an Iridium flare that's quite bright later, to the WSW at 1 minute after midnight, if your up late.

Ta! ... off outside! ... :)