Space Shuttle and ISS over Sheffield

If you're trawling SF for threads about things you're not bothered about, then posting on them to tell everyone you're not bothered about them -I'd say it's probably time to turn the PC off. :(;)

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 00:08 ----------

I assume I have, since there's not much else going on up there! About same 'elevation' as the Moon. Only visible for about 10 seconds though, presumably because I'm in town?

Yup, to the South of the moon, and 10 seconds sounds spot on.

• 11 months later...

Look to the west at 10.38 the international space station will be flying over sheffield will appear as a very bright star.

---------- Post added 11-04-2014 at 22:57 ----------

Not the clearest of sky's did any one see it ? I did for around 30 seconds at 10.39pm moving quite fast then suddenly disappeared over again sat 12th April

---------- Post added 13-04-2014 at 21:22 ----------

It's been over again at 9.01 had a good clear 3 minutes view

And it's back again tonight at 10.37pm look up to the west at 43 degrees if the sky's are clear you can't miss it! you only have a 3 minute window though.

Edited by allwednesday

Look to the west at 10.38 the international space station will be flying over sheffield will appear as a very bright star.

---------- Post added 11-04-2014 at 22:57 ----------

Not the clearest of sky's did any one see it ? I did for around 30 seconds at 10.39pm moving quite fast then suddenly disappeared over again sat 12th April

---------- Post added 13-04-2014 at 21:22 ----------

It's been over again at 9.01 Sunday 13th April had a good clear 3 minutes view

And it's back again tonight at 10.37pm look up to the west at 43 degrees if the sky's are clear you can't miss it! you only have a 3 minute window though.

_______

Praise or grumble

Last edited by allwednesday; Today at 20:23.

Edited by allwednesday