19yr old daughter covered in spots

tiffy

Hi,

my daughter noticed a pinky spotty rash on her thighs yesterday and she's just come charging downstairs after a bath to show she's now covered head to toes with the same.

the spots are not very big but noticeable and we're wondering if there's anything like measles etc going around.

Anyone else know people or have someone recently ill or off work/school with any such ailments?

she felt a bit off yesterday at work but thought it because she'd had a late night Friday. Says she's feeling now after her lie in this morning but has this rash, the spots aren't itchy at all but as it's all over her it's a bit worrying.

Thanks for the replies/suggestions so far

hmmm don't think so, I'm googling for images of your suggestions and hives are like welts, these are smallish pinky spots at the moment so unless they change at some stage I'm not sure. She feels fine in herself so far and they don't itch so wonder if it is a reaction to something - suppose only time will tell so we'll have to monitor it.

Thanks again

I had chicken pox a few years back. Woke with tiny red spots in a band across my waist and on my belly. Dr took one look and diagnosed them straight away. Rest and Camomile cream for a week.

Do check it isn't meningitis though - there are specific tell tale signs, such as an aversion to bright lights, stiff neck etc.

Archived