Gaddafi's last stand

How will it all end for Gaddafi?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How will it all end for Gaddafi?

• He will go down fighting, like Custer
    • He will shoot himself, like Hitler
    • He will be captured, killed and strung up, like Mussolini
    • He will be captured, put on trial but claim to have Alzheimer's like Pinochet
    • He will disappear and will be searched for in the Brazilian jungle
    • He will be given asylum in the UK
    • He will end up in a luxury villa in Venezuala or Zimbabwe

Gaddhafi did have advanced nuclear research (bomb making) projects.

Just because they're Arabs, do you think they're thick?

He had the money, he had (or could buy) the skills and he had the intent.

Do you really think that the Western world would have 'cosied up' to him and given him all the trade and sales advantages he got if he had nothing to offer in return?

I find that hard to accept.

Vast oil reserves? Where do you get that idea from? Libya's oil production is about the same as that of the UK.

Does the UK have 'vast oil reserves'?

Inexplicable? Can you explain to the people on this forum how Gaddhafi's attitude towards the UK would've been improved had we destroyed his AD sites? (and killed hundreds of his people.)

This is the problem when politicians and 'security services' habitually lie about anything and everythg. It ends up so that even they don't know what's going on anymore, and are subsequently unable to formulate consistent logical policies, because the truth has gone out the window in favour of ill-conceived, short sighted gains.

You know this for a fact, do you? - Are you prepared to declare your sources? - Put up or shut up.

You think so, do you?

'Some air cover'? And what happens when that air cover gets its arse shot off by Gaddafhi's SAM sites (Not quite - but nearly - 'state of the art')?

Any time that you want to go in one of your aircraft and loiter at 25,000 ft above Gadhaffi's SAM sites, let me know and I'll hold your coat while you're away.

So now the Israelis are involved? How?

If you want to invade Libya and take on Gaddhaffi, go for it!

Your choice.

Can I have your eggs if you don't come back?

The UK is not the world's policeman and neither is the US.

The Arab league has recognised the rebels and the Arab league has the capability of supressing AD sites in Libya without any help from the West. They also have the means to enforce a 'no-fly' zone.

Let them do it.

Put up or shut up? Where have you provided evidence for a single one of the numerous claims you make in that post? Anyway, how naive would you need to be to require proof that governments and the secret service habitually lie to us. Are you a resident of a parralel universe?

If you had disputed one or even three of the points I had made, I would take you seriously. But the fact that you have challenged every single thing I said on the basis - among other things - of the accusation that I think Arabs are thick, indicates to me that you are merely being argumetative.

But the fact that you have challenged every single thing I said on the basis - among other things - of the accusation that I think Arabs are thick - indicates to me that you are merely being argumetative.

Some people on here do that, its the way of the world sadly, they very often end up on councils or in parliament.

My fear is while the earthquake in Japan is taking up the news coverage this madman will use it as a cover to massacre the people of Libya .

The Arab league has said there should be a no fly zone as have the doctors treating the injured so why are the united nations and NATO just sitting there and not stopping him and his war planes.

I'm half-expecting the French to get fed up with waiting, break ranks and intervene in some way (as they did during the Libyan/Chadian tussle over the Aouzou Strip, sending in the Foreign Legion to support Chad).

I'm half-expecting the French to get fed up with waiting, break ranks and intervene in some way (as they did during the Libyan/Chadian tussle over the Aouzou Strip, sending in the Foreign Legion to support Chad).
They'd have less reason to do that than the Italians. (Lybia is an ex-Italian colony, Chad is an ex-French colony, and France didn't do that much business with Lybia, relative to other ex-colonial northern african States).

That would give the Westernerphobes on here something to cackle and rant about.

I'm still waiting for them to blame Israel for all the unrest that's going on in the middle east.

Archived