Gaddafi's last stand

How will it all end for Gaddafi?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How will it all end for Gaddafi?

• He will go down fighting, like Custer
    • He will shoot himself, like Hitler
    • He will be captured, killed and strung up, like Mussolini
    • He will be captured, put on trial but claim to have Alzheimer's like Pinochet
    • He will disappear and will be searched for in the Brazilian jungle
    • He will be given asylum in the UK
    • He will end up in a luxury villa in Venezuala or Zimbabwe

I don't condone what Gaddafi is doing at all...however....I see the world shouting and wanting to step in because he is using force against his own people....

What is he supposed to do??? What would happen if anti government groups started ripping up the UK, Germany, or the States??????? If the crowds have guns then you can't just use a few battons and a bit of tear gas!!!

Plus him rolling over and going belly up immediately is NOT gonna send a good message to the rest of the rabble in the Arab states ready to run amok!!!

Anyone agree?

It just about sums it up for me. The problem in the Arab world is that democracy seems not to work. The people are united by tribal loyalties or religion not policies. In place of democracy they seem to embrace dictatorships. The problem is when the folks get fed up with their dictator and can't agree on the one they would like to take over.

I beleive the Conservative Party got more votes than the Labour Party, so that disqualifies Labour from power. The Lib Dems coming on board simply increases that majority.

So who do you think should be in power?

I don't think that is quite correct.

It just about sums it up for me. The problem in the Arab world is that democracy seems not to work. The people are united by tribal loyalties or religion not policies. In place of democracy they seem to embrace dictatorships. The problem is when the folks get fed up with their dictator and can't agree on the one they would like to take over.

exactly right ,they're arabs for gods sake ,this is their version of a democratic change of goverment..plus giving every person in the country a chance to own a gun and kill everybody that dos'nt agree with them.. really ,we in the bankrupt west have got to stop with this obsession we have with democracy ,they hav'nt got a clue what it means .let china and russia help them..just make sure we hang on to the oil wells:D

The problem as you say is the culture and religion both of which are throwbacks outdated medieval 13th century mentality.

The only way that the rulers can keep a hold on power is by the undemocratic despot rule as we see in so many Arab and Muslim states/countries.

I really hope that with the advent of modern communications and the internet that the young people will rise up and throw off the yolk of these barbaric regimes which is what happened to the Iron Curtain states and is beginning to happen in China.

Hopefully in 10 years time we people of today won't recognise the middle east.

The problem as you say is the culture and religion both of which are throwbacks outdated medieval 13th century mentality.

The only way that the rulers can keep a hold on power is by the undemocratic despot rule as we see in so many Arab and Muslim states/countries.

I really hope that with the advent of modern communications and the internet that the young people will rise up and throw off the yolk of these barbaric regimes which is what happened to the Iron Curtain states and is beginning to happen in China.

Hopefully in 10 years time we people of today won't recognise the middle east.

know what you mean, it'll be a parking lot if they get hold of nuke weapons:hihi:

Archived