Insomnia - any help?

For the last few months my insomnia has gradually become worse, to the point I'm sleeping only 2 hours a night some nights. I feel fine in myself, but I know this can't continue.

I've tried herbal and over the counter tablets but nothing has worked. I'm reluctant to go to the Drs because they'd just give me sedatives again and I don't feel safe taking them.

Any suggestions would be wonderfull, but I can't stand Lavendar so thats one out :gag:

For the last few months my insomnia has gradually become worse, to the point I'm sleeping only 2 hours a night some nights. I feel fine in myself, but I know this can't continue.

I've tried herbal and over the counter tablets but nothing has worked. I'm reluctant to go to the Drs because they'd just give me sedatives again and I don't feel safe taking them.

Any suggestions would be wonderfull, but I can't stand Lavendar so thats one out :gag:

Stress doesn't help. You know?

Speaking as someone who is still awake at this time of night....

Is the cause physical , environmental or psychological ?

If you can isolate the cause then there are steps to take.. however I appreciate that might mean divulging personal info which I wouldnt recommend on here

Watch what you eat , especially in the evening , avoid caffeine , sugar , white bread , this should reduce the stimulants in your system that keep you alert. Its a huge subject and I am wary of coming across as an expert because I'm not. I've just worked shifts for over 20 years so had my share of not being able to sleep... hence why I am awake now lol

Archived