This is exactly why irresponsible owners shouldn't own staffys.

Greavsy

so when cats kill a mouse should they be killed as well? Most dogs if given the chance would love to kill cats not just bull breeds either.

No they wouldnt! Not if theyre taught correctly.

Zeus - Staffy, little git. Escape artist, chewer, bit me [playfully] quite often. Couldnt trust him around my son, dont know why, just never could trust him, 100%. Put a cat in the same room as him, he'd try to grab it with his mouth and mother it, wash it, and sleep with it! He tried it all the time with my cats but they wouldnt stand for it. Yes he would give chase if they ran away but that wasnt to hurt them.

Molly - collie cross. puppy, nightmare, chewed my kitchen floor up, generally dosile etc never once chased the cat, just wants to play with her and be friends. Again, cat wont put up with it.

Teach your dog NOT to do it, and guess what, chances are it wont. The dog in OP obviously has been taught to give chase and maul animals!

To the OP: I think its exactly why irresponsible people shouldnt own ANY dog. Bull breed or toy breed, any breed.

Zeus - Staffy, little git. Escape artist, chewer, bit me [playfully] quite often. Couldnt trust him around my son, dont know why, just never could trust him, 100%. Put a cat in the same room as him, he'd try to grab it with his mouth and mother it, wash it, and sleep with it! He tried it all the time with my cats but they wouldnt stand for it. Yes he would give chase if they ran away but that wasnt to hurt them.

Molly - collie cross. puppy, nightmare, chewed my kitchen floor up, generally dosile etc never once chased the cat, just wants to play with her and be friends. Again, cat wont put up with it.

Teach your dog NOT to do it, and guess what, chances are it wont. The dog in OP obviously has been taught to give chase and maul animals!

To the OP: I think its exactly why irresponsible people shouldnt own ANY dog. Bull breed or toy breed, any breed.

Agreed ! ...........

most dogs i've known really dislike cats. I guess some dogs have a stronger prey drive then others.

Perhaps its a question of no life values rather than an issue with aggression it was after all the kids that let the dog loose. Had it stayed on the lead the cat would still be alive so maybe the age limit should be raised regarding when exactly a person can be legally responsible for an animal

At the end of the day, its animal instinct to prey on smaller animals. You cant blame an animal for that. A dog will prey on cats, rabbits or birds, just the same as a cat on mice, birds and frogs. The only problem here is the owners that actually actively encourage it. Fair enough if the dog had got off Its lead and gone for the cat, but this was a calculated act of evil.

same here my lurcher hates all little fury animals.

As does mine, with the exception of cats as she lives with my two cats and has never chased or harmed them in any way.

I still however would not dream of letting her off her lead anywhere near someone else's cat, I simply would not trust her and have more respect for other people's pets than that anyway.

I don't think the dog is the issue it's the children who should never have been in charge of it and who are clearly mentally damaged in some way. They shouldn't have had charge of any dog whatsoever never mind what sort it was.

Archived