This is exactly why irresponsible owners shouldn't own staffys.

Greavsy

sounds like she needs to when she gets prats jumping out

in front of her car silly chuffs they are (im being polite by the way) :)

Yeah i was being evil insinuating she does society what would seem to be a favour from the sounds of it. Obviously joking but stuff like this makes me so angry. The parents need a good slapping.

The dog won't be destroyed for killing a cat.. A fair few breeds are not to usually be around cats and small furries due to breed instincts (for example, few greyhounds/lurchers/general hound breeds should not be allowed near small furries).

It doesn't matter whether you say the dog COULD attack a child because of this incident.. They will not act unless actual violence has been occurred. Just like with small furries, some dogs are not meant to be homed with children - that doesn't mean it should be automatically destroyed.

However, you can call the police and/or RSPCA and kick up a load of shizz.

It is the Police's business, as these were children that purposely were seen to go over the road and let their dog onto another persons secured property (trespassing for one). It's a serious issue the police will be concerned with - animal cruelty by children of a young age is a serious concern, due to normally those that abuse animals (particularly sadistic torture and such like in this situation) will then easily go on to abuse people. Especially when dealing with young children, it is a concern and they need to be looked at psychologically. If a child will kill or torture a small animal, it is a good high chance that as an adult will abuse other adults.

The RSPCA and Police should be very concerned and interested in getting involved with this.

I have two dogs that have issues with cats, squirrels, rabbits, hares neither are Staffs and neither has been taught to kill.....

That's quite irrellevent. Do you often go out with your dogs, and when they see a furry animal they have issues with, do you let them off the leads and encourage them to kill the small furry?

Yeah i was being evil insinuating she does society what would seem to be a favour from the sounds of it. Obviously joking but stuff like this makes me so angry. The parents need a good slapping.

i know but do you honestly think it would bother them they will probiley give

thair kids a pat on the back :roll:

whats upsetting is when this dog was a puppy & all inicent it will been givern

or bought by these STUPID PEOPLE :rant: to just probiley let it do as it

pleases not teaching it right from wrong they prob find it funny if it snapps at

kids & people & other dogs they are just trolls & should stay at the botterm

river whare they belong people like these things dont desrve kids let alone

dogs & any other animal they may have they should be bloody shot

ive seen to many people with a dangerus dog & treat it like a wepon

someone very simuar to these guys had a gsd & used it as a wepon it was

shuch a lovly but very,very nasty dog ''& i love gsd '' but like people say

any dog in the wrong hands is a outright killer

That's quite irrellevent. Do you often go out with your dogs, and when they see a furry animal they have issues with, do you let them off the leads and encourage them to kill the small furry?

Its relevant with your original post that insinuates because a dog has killed a cat its trained to do so this is not the case, Its instinctive, even the Dachshund was bred originally to hunt prey.

and in answer to your second question

Neither of the two is ever off lead in an open public space, both have use of a paddock surrounded on all sides with a 7ft fence.

All dogs are predators, and I mean ALL dogs without exception.

You can train your dog to reduce the instinct or increase it.

Police dogs are trained to increase their predatory nature in a controlled way for example by professional dog handlers.

Anyone who is not a professional dog handler who trains their dog to attack animals or even people should be never allowed to keep any animal ever again.

That said, the dog involved in this thread should not be put down without first been given the chance to be re trained and re homed, after all it's not the dogs fault it's the idiots who are encouraging it.

my beddy x whippet is used for working and my staff tags along when working on a mates farm.

The dog isn't to blame here, the fact the kids took it upon themselves to put the dog in that position to be able 2 kill the cat in the first place. Say's a lot about those kids and I would be very very worried if they were my kids.

Signs like this shows very unstable kids and just look back on various murderers etc it all starts with animal abuse.

Kids need proper supervision and they need to be set straight, the parents have a lot to answer for.

Its relevant with your original post that insinuates because a dog has killed a cat its trained to do so this is not the case, Its instinctive, even the Dachshund was bred originally to hunt prey.

and in answer to your second question

Neither of the two is ever off lead in an open public space, both have use of a paddock surrounded on all sides with a 7ft fence.

ok, if the kids have wound it up, taken it across the street, opened the gate and let the dog loose on a cat, Then I would say they are training it to kill, wouldn't you?

and as for the second part, I was being facetious. :P

Archived