What do you want to read about in Waiting Rooms?

That's life.

Would you have to wait if you were a private patient?

Over here, private patient or not - you still have to wait.

It doesn't bother me too much, but my wife loses pay (or loses sick leave) if she takes time off work. She always makes her appointments for 'after work hours'

I really want to read womens magazines full of non stories about "celebrities" that are several months and occasionally years out of date

Oh, I do! It's the only time I bother reading that sort of trash, and I can do it with a superior smirk on my face, because I'm only reading it due to lack of anything else! Except the occasional motoring magazine.

Oh, I do! It's the only time I bother reading that sort of trash, and I can do it with a superior smirk on my face, because I'm only reading it due to lack of anything else! Except the occasional motoring magazine.

Dozy your pussy scares me.

It isn't exactly rocket science. If you are going to doctor/dentist etc. take a magazine of your choise with you. It works unless you have arrived because of being hit by a bus.

Heh! Excellent!

Tough luck for anyone hit by a bus who has to sit in a waiting room!

I usually end up flicking through "Forward" (a guide dog magazine) because there are LOADS of copies at my docs and virtually nothing else (and there are some cute pics of dogs in it!)

EDIT: Once that was a really bad idea, because I read all the messages on the "gone but not forgotten" page, and was choking back tears by the time my name was called :blush:

Then I faff about on my phone deleting old messages or checking Emails...

That's fine if there is give and take. At my local GP surgery, there is a sign saying that if you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, you lose your appointment - but I regularly wait 10 or even 20 minutes after my appointment time, and sometimes have waited over an hour and a half. There is also a large sign saying how many people failed to turn up to appointments the previous week that could have been offered to someone else. There is no sign though, to say how many weeks people are having to wait for a blood test, or how many people have had to wait for more than half an hour for their appointment or how many people have had to leave the surgery without seeing the Dr as they weren't able to wait any longer.

and nor does it take into account that if I book the first appointment ....in the hope that I may actually still be able to get into work sometime that day - I often sit waiting until after that appointment time for the GP to actually arrive ; so the second persons appointment will already be running 5 / 10 minutes late .

Archived