How important is your fellow human being?

It would be nice to be entirely reliant upon yourself, and maybe it is possible.

I could think of many of my friends and of course my family whom I would like to have nearby.

Would that then be described as a ghetto mentality?;)

Given the choice of your own Island isolated from man, would you grab it or are you reliant on your fellow man? Don't forget, just you.

As it's my own island I'd have it set up with all mod cons then I may be OK on my own.

As it's my own island I'd have it set up with all mod cons then I may be OK on my own.

You see mod cons aren't that important to me. Quality of life, peace and harmony are.

I love being outdoors in the garden( So an island may be okay if it is green)

I like peace and tranquility( and the sea!) for a time but then would have to go in search of the islands inhabitants for a meaningful conversation..

You see mod cons aren't that important to me. Quality of life, peace and harmony are.

I like peace and tranquility( and the sea!) for a time but then would have to go in search of the islands inhabitants for a meaningful conversation..

But it's your own island and from the OP you are totally on your own...no other island inhabitants.

I wouldn't want it. I sometimes don't have enough tolerance for my fellow man but I sure wouldn't want to be without them.

Who would we talk to...who would we share a joke with.....

Knock...Knock......

................................................. no reply :(

It's always a bit of a dream when you've got people hassling you day in, day out, to just be able to be by yourself somewhere, but that's just a pipe dream which doesn't actually consider how you'd deal with loneliness and the other issues that would come about if you really were the only person around.

I doubt I'd last very long at all before either going just a bit doolally or deciding just to opt out of everything.

What about the fridge for the cold beers? :hihi:

Given the choice of your own Island isolated from man, would you grab it or are you reliant on your fellow man? Don't forget, just you.

When OP asked if you could survive in total isolation did this thread descend so quickly into name calling and insults, just answering for yourself would be enough. I certainly couldn't do it, I'd miss my OH too much and I can't swim:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived