Selby rail crash:- killer driver "forgives those who wronged him"

As it says in the title.

Gary Hart, the driver who fell asleep at the wheel of his land rover, and causes the deaths of ten people in the Selby rail-crash in February 2001 is interviewed on Calendar tonight.

He says he's moved on, and he "forgives the people who wronged him"

and that it was "Just Fate" that the circumstances happened as they did.

I just can't get my breath!

If he hadn't been without sleep for 36 hours, and recklessly got behind the wheel of his car, he would not have fallen asleep at the wheel, and those 10 people would possibly still be alive today!

I can't believe the arrogance of the man!!!!

As it says in the title.

Gary Hart, the driver who fell asleep at the wheel of his land rover, and causes the deaths of ten people in the Selby rail-crash in February 2001 is interviewed on Calendar tonight.

If he hadn't been without sleep for 36 hours, and recklessly got behind the wheel of his car, he would not have fallen asleep at the wheel, and those 10 people would possibly still be alive today!

I can, he's a moron with no scruples or conscience.:roll:

It's not like he did it on purpose - he didn't set out to kill 10 people.

He hadn't slept for 36 hours so he was an accident waiting to happen but to go on news and say he forgives them that wronged him is a terrible insult to the families of those who died through his stupidity - he could have just kept his mouth shut, I blame the media as much as him

It's not like he did it on purpose - he didn't set out to kill 10 people.

He got behind the wheel after 36+ hours without sleep. he fell asleep at the wheel. 10 people were killed, and countless more were maimed.

The car was the equivalent of a loaded gun.

It goes beyond just "recklessness"

As it says in the title.

Do you have a link PT. It's not obvious he's talking about the people he killed or maimed. It just seems pretty daft to forgive the people you killed, so it may be something else.

I agree he should have.

I imagine he's forgiving the press who painted him as some kind of deliberate mass murder.

But you see he made conscious choice to get behind wheel after 36 hours without sleep, unless he's completely stupid he would have been aware of the consequences of getting into what amounts to a killing machine. It's no good blaming somebody else - he was responsible, what did he expect. It's no good bleating now he was hard done by - tough. He'll get over it unlike his victims:roll:

I've just turned off from BBC1 where they appear to be salivating over the chance to broadcast a 10 year anniversary programme. What's wrong with the media today, who wants these tragic accidents to be endlessly rehashed? What good does it do?

It's not as though anyone deliberately set out to kill or injure anyone, it wasn't an act of terrorism, just a terrible accident, wrong place wrong time, a series of timing coincidences and sheer stupidity.

Just ghoulishness, imo.

Archived