P a t testing electrical items

Completely wrong and out of date by three years i,m afraid.

It would be far more helpful if you could provide a link to the updated laws, or to explain exactly what has changed...

I can't find any information on changes to Electrical Safety regulations in 2008 (apart from in the US), and the only changes to relevant H&S regs in 2008 (from a brief search) seems to be changes in the level of penalities that can be applied in the event of an incident.

It would be far more helpful if you could provide a link to the updated laws, or to explain exactly what has changed...

I can't find any information on changes to Electrical Safety regulations in 2008 (apart from in the US), and the only changes to relevant H&S regs in 2008 (from a brief search) seems to be changes in the level of penalities that can be applied in the event of an incident.

Keep going, you look like you're doing ok under your own steam.;)

What people have missed, though, is that some insurance companies insist that you carry out PAT testing on non-fixed electrical appliances every 12 months, otherwise you won't be covered and could end up shelling out a huge amount!

Archived