Car insurance no claims

car insurance has always been a rip off its a fact .

also protected no claims: try having a claim and then going to another company for your next renewal. they wont recognise your protected ncb, none of them do, you lose 2 yrs or have to stay with your original company if they decide they will allow you to renew, which they are not obliged to do.

car insurance has always been a rip off its a fact .

also protected no claims: try having a claim and then going to another company for your next renewal. they wont recognise your protected ncb, none of them do, you lose 2 yrs or have to stay with your original company if they decide they will allow you to renew, which they are not obliged to do.

Howz that work then if I have a document that says I have 70% or over 5 years no claims?

it doesnt. i wrote a car off in a crash. insurance paid out and to other party. i had to pay up all the yr insurance premium as part of the claim (was paying monthly as usual).

got chq, bought a new car, approached same insurer to sort new car insurance out, they refused to reinsure me, saying it was their right to do so as they had just paid out on the last policy which was now finished.

went elsewhere with my full protected ncb and was knocked back to 4yrs ncb with all of them. the "protection" only applies to the issuing insurer, others are not obliged to offer it and will consider the accident as fault etc and reduce your bonus they allow.

took me 2 yrs to get back to where i was, having paid 60 odd quid a yr to protect it. waste of space when it comes down to an actual payout situation and claim.

Yep... all these car insurance stories do not suprise me.... I have maximum no claims discount..Some years ago, a neighbour ran into my car door...the claim procedure and suss, just wasn't worth it ..my premium shot up before I'd even got any repairs done..!!!.I said "Forget it..cancelled the claim..went to the scrapyard for a door, got the exact colour - with tinted glass - electric lifter - £25 - and fitted it myself..job done - paid out of my own pocket, to save the hassle. Unless the claim was for major money..I will do it again. Btw. the repair work via a body shop' was' going to be over £400.

it doesnt. i wrote a car off in a crash. insurance paid out and to other party. i had to pay up all the yr insurance premium as part of the claim (was paying monthly as usual).

You take out insurance for a year so they were right to ask for the rest of the payments....anyone who had paid for the year up front wouldn't be able to claim the unused part of the premium back..

Archived