Car insurance no claims

Well it's renewal time again. Just been trawling the various camparison sites and I just can't find anything. They're all at leat £100 more than last year. Why?? I just don't understand. I have 7 years no claims now so why is it soooooo expensive. I can't remember the last time I paid over £400 for my insurance. Anyone know of any cheap ones???

Well it's renewal time again. Just been trawling the various camparison sites and I just can't find anything. They're all at leat £100 more than last year. Why?? I just don't understand. I have 7 years no claims now so why is it soooooo expensive. I can't remember the last time I paid over £400 for my insurance. Anyone know of any cheap ones???

If you hadn't had 7years NCB it would have gone up more..

im pretty certain that if you cancel your insurance you get a pro rata refund, less a nominal fee for "administration".

The 'nominal fee' when I cancelled mine (changed car, old insurer noting like competitive on new car) was, coincidentally, about £2 less than the pro-rata refund, which would have been about £90 from memory.

Funny how these things work out eh?

im pretty certain that if you cancel your insurance you get a pro rata refund, less a nominal fee for "administration".

That may be the case if a policy is cancelled , when a car is written off that’s the end of the policy, if there is any outstanding money it will be deducted from the claim.

Archived