Damhouse - anyone been there yet?

jimmy

I see the Damhouse bar/restaurant in Crookes Valley Park opens today.

Has anyone been down there yet? Was wondering what type of punter they are aiming at. i.e. is it a student boozer or a high class restaurant!

Hi Jimmy......yeah I went last Friday. They have thrown plenty of money at it...........& it's been well spent I'd say. If you remember how Hanrahan's used to be ?? It's a bit along those lines in terms of look and feel. I understand too the the menu will be similar to Hanrahan's............steaks, fish, pasta etc..... Restaurant looks very nice too.........and it's a great setting as I'm sure you know. Staff are very good & pleasant. Hope it works.......we could do with another quality place in Sheff!!

I didn't think it opened officially until tomorrow?

I went in last week for a nosey and thought it looked really smart. I'm looking forward to being able to stroll through the park from work and go for lunch - much better view than sitting at my desk!

hiya,

I went in on Monday night (technically the first day open but the restaurant was tuesday) and i thought the owner and builder were very nice. i'm a student so i brought a few of my friends in later that night and it was very pleasant. i think the hot drinks are a little expensive (1.75 for a cappucino/coffee etc.) and small for the price but the cold drinks are generally reasonable for the location and decor.

I think generally the meals were again a little expensive but that all depends on how it tastes doesn't it? they were priced between 5.50 at the cheapest starter (although all very appetising) up to around 16 pounds for chicken/steak.

looks fantastic though, and has a laid back, sophisticated feel to it. The armchairs and tables are leather with nice works of art on the walls - it's the type of place you'd hire for a meal for the family to think you've got great taste.

Tori.

Yeah Greenback............it's fairly common knowledge. Been in Westside, Grapevine & things like that. He's a mate and he is a proper good lad. Takes a bit of stick.........but guess thats how it is. The two other guys who are involved are top lads too. Hard working Sheffield lads..........I really hope it works for them.

Archived