Do animals believe in God?

If they do have limited and simpler thoughts I find it hard to understand why we cannot communicate with those animals in the chain of evolution immediately below us.

Also there has been so much spectacular progress in so many fields over the years worldwide but we are still unable to communicate in a "conversational" as opposed to command way with the species below us in the evolution process.

I am using the evolution theory to progress this problem.

As Headingnorth has already pointed out, we CAN have coversations with trained primates

Take a look at this vid and the associated vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrv1CrGq3o

As Headingnorth has already pointed out, we CAN have coversations with trained primates

As to why we can't communicate easily with all other forms of "less intelligent" life, we've moved far beyond my ability as a zoologist. I would hazard a guess, though, that the problem isn't a matter of more simple or less simple; merely one of "different." I can't speak or understand the language of a cow, but I also can't speak or understand the language of a Hungarian. In both cases I put that down to lack of knowledge on my part. (In both cases, it's a lack which I can quite happily live with!)

If they do have limited and simpler thoughts I find it hard to understand why we cannot communicate with those animals in the chain of evolution immediately below us.

I don't think you understand evolution at all if you think a cat is in a chain 'below' us. Evolution means the genes work well enough to be passed on to offspring, no more and no less. A cat can pass its genetics on without chatting up a female cat, and thus it hasn't had to develop vocal chords or speed dating. A cat is just as evolved as us, and a slug is easily our equal in the grand scheme of evolution on this planet.

I don't think you understand evolution at all if you think a cat is in a chain 'below' us. Evolution means the genes work well enough to be passed on to offspring, no more and no less. A cat can pass its genetics on without chatting up a female cat, and thus it hasn't had to develop vocal chords or speed dating. A cat is just as evolved as us, and a slug is easily our equal in the grand scheme of evolution on this planet.

Some animals, as you say, will evolve no further.

But if we evolved at the end of a chain of evolution there must be a species directly preceeding us.

Why can't we communicate with this species so closely related to us ?

Why would we have lost this ability as this vital ability would have assisted evolving species to survive ?

Some animals, as you say, will evolve no further.

But if we evolved at the end of a chain of evolution there must be a species directly preceeding us.

Why can't we communicate with this species so closely related to us ?

It no longer exists - it evolved into us!

If you go back far enough, you come to an apelike species which evolved in two different directions, leading to chimpanzees on the one hand and humans on the other; but the "father" species is extinct, precisely because it evolved into something else.

Consider that even in the mere few centuries since English people started living 3,000 miles away, the language and vocabulary of the two different groups has changed noticeably. Multiply that up from "mere few centuries" to six or seven million years of enforced separation, and it would be no surprise to find that English English and American English were utterly incomprehensible to each other; not even recognisable as having come from the same original language.

It no longer exists - it evolved into us!

If you go back far enough, you come to an apelike species which evolved in two different directions, leading to chimpanzees on the one hand and humans on the other; but the "father" species is extinct, precisely because it evolved into something else.

Consider that even in the mere few centuries since English people started living 3,000 miles away, the language and vocabulary of the two different groups has changed noticeably. Multiply that up from "mere few centuries" to six or seven million years of enforced separation, and it would be no surprise to find that English English and American English were utterly incomprehensible to each other; not even recognisable as having come from the same original language.

I accept all your points but because evolution took such a long time to develop the human being the "language" would have changed gradually and allowed change and interpretation.

Archived