Did people really used to live for 120 years?

You have no idea what I said, do you?

You were equating (and making a mess of it) creation with how people billions of years later came to measure time. So thank you for providing the evidence I needed which is the lack of understanding by atheists. :D

Mind you I knew it already. :)

You were equating (and making a mess of it) creation with how people billions of years later came to measure time. So thank you for providing the evidence I needed which is the lack of understanding by atheists. :D

Mind you I knew it already. :)

I think folk in ancient times had a pretty good idea of what a year was. It was the time between plants coming into flower and crops being harvested. That's why the Jews had the Passover etc same time every year.

Mind you you knew that already. :)

I think folk in ancient times had a pretty good idea of what a year was. It was the time between plants coming into flower and crops being harvested.

Mind you you knew that already. :)

Yes, there were two harvests a year, but agriculture is recent by comparison. Before that they were hunter gatherers.

Regarding the Passover the Jewish year is a lunar year which is why Easter comes on a different date every year.

Methuselah and Moses must have been extra terrestials of some sort because there is no way on earth that a human body can live for hundreds of years and to ask people to believe stories like this is just plain stupid.

Methuselah and Moses must have been extra terrestials of some sort because there is no way on earth that a human body can live for hundreds of years and to ask people to believe stories like this is just plain stupid.

No one is asking you to. :)

No one is asking you to. :)

I'm not an atheist but claims of incredible longevity wont work even with kids these days and if religious instruction asks students to believe in such stories then it's only foddder for the atheists and religious detractors

Archived