Inconvenient Truth - Labour covered up Immigration Reports

Crime.

Myth:

Asylum seekers are linked to rising crime.

Fact:

A report published by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) recently confirmed that there is no evidence for a higher rate of criminality among refugees and asylum seekers. In fact they are more likely to become victims of crime in the UK.

Myth:

Nearly all asylum seekers are troublemaking young men.

Fact:

A significant proportion of asylum seekers to the UK are women, children and older persons. Furthermore, the Association of Chief Police Officers released a report in 2001, which revealed that asylum seekers are far more likely to be the victims than the perpetrators of crime. It shows that there is absolutely no evidence that asylum seekers have a higher rate of criminality than any other segment of society.

Crime.

Myth:

Fact:

A report published by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) recently confirmed that there is no evidence for a higher rate of criminality among refugees and asylum seekers. In fact they are more likely to become victims of crime in the UK.

Myth:

Fact:

A significant proportion of asylum seekers to the UK are women, children and older persons. Furthermore, the Association of Chief Police Officers released a report in 2001, which revealed that asylum seekers are far more likely to be the victims than the perpetrators of crime. It shows that there is absolutely no evidence that asylum seekers have a higher rate of criminality than any other segment of society.

It's no longer 2001, it's 2011, and we live in a VERY different Britain.

By Philip Johnston Politics Last updated: April 16th, 2008

A report by police chiefs has reportedly concluded that the surge in immigrants from eastern Europe has not caused a rise in criminality.

The Guardian reports that the study puts paid to the myth of a ‘migrant crime wave’, though few had actually said we were in the grip of such a phenomenon.

The main complaint of some police chiefs and council leaders is that the rise in the population caused by a high and unexpected surge of immigrants from eastern Europe has led to more crime in some areas and different types of offending.

The study, by the Association of Chief Police Officers, does not appear to challenge either of these assertions.

What it found was that the crime rate among immigrant workers from eastern Europe was no different from that among the indigenous population, which is a different point.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/philipjohnston/3674251/Immigration_and_crime_the_real_results/

When even The Telegraph disagrees with the racists complaining about asylum seekers with free haircuts eating swans you know the racists are on dodgy ground.

Crime.

Myth:

Fact:

Myth:

Fact:

No one sensible will say that immigrants are more criminal than native Brits per se, this isn't the issue, people just want to preserve a British Britain.

OK, you post a source that backs up your wildly prejudicial claims please.

My wildly prejudicial claims? Please elaborate.

The only claim i've made is that if we took an equal amount of immigrants, and British born people, it would more than likely turn out to have more criminals on the British side.

Yeah, I was with spindrift on this one, but you've won me over with that. .

Care to divulge what the differences are?

There probably isn't any differences, I would hope. I'm just saying bringing up reports from 10 years ago isn't a valid way to prove your point, especially in this area.

My wildly prejudicial claims? Please elaborate.

The only claim i've made is that if we took an equal amount of immigrants, and British born people, it would more than likely turn out to have more criminals on the British side.

Well, the cops disagree with you, and the only basis for your claim seems to be foreigners= wrong uns.

Which is plainly prejudice.

Archived