Dear Forum.. Was this abuse, or experimentation?

My goodness, Yes definitely abuse, he was in a position of trust, and, as someone has mentioned and 18 year old is well past the curious stage, He knew what he was doing was probably wrong also.

Good Luck in whatever to do decide to do, he could well be doing the same thing now with young kids.

I've found out that he was warned several times by the leader of the 'unit' about being alone with me, however he didn't heed these warnings and we were found a few times alone with each other, about to engage in a sexual act.

The Scout leaders knew an 18 year old boy was playing with 10 year old lads and gave him a warning? That is equally as terrible.

The Scout leaders knew an 18 year old boy was playing with 10 year old lads and gave him a warning? That is equally as terrible.

We are talking about the scouts! Like The Catholic Church a certain amount of child fettling is expected alongside the various cover ups that go with it.

On a serious note though this guy was a paedo mate, albeit in homosexual form. It depends on whether you were traumatised by your relationship with him as to where you go next with this. If I was 11 and got some from an 18 year old girl I think I would have loved it but were not all the same. Hope you come to terms with it but the concensus on here will definitely be paedo!

We are talking about the scouts! ... a certain amount of child fettling is expected alongside the various cover ups that go with it.

On a serious note though this guy was a paedo mate, albeit in homosexual form. It depends on whether you were traumatised by your relationship with him as to where you go next with this. If I was 11 and got some from an 18 year old girl I think I would have loved it but were not all the same. Hope you come to terms with it but the concensus on here will definitely be paedo!

I used to be a Scout leader. NO fettling of children is accepted and it isn't tolerated. There are rules which govern the number of leaders to be present when one of them is with a child/children.

If I took 3 children camping, I needed a minimum of 4 leaders/CRB checked 'helpers.'

Assume 1 boy fell and cut himself. If he needed to be taken to a doctor or hospital for treatment, there would have to be 2 leaders in the car. (If there was only one leader, he might molest the boy as he was driving along: :hihi::) )

But then there would be 2 children alone at the campsite (they couldn't all fit in the car) so there would need to be 2 leaders/helpers who could stay at the campsite and look after the other 2 children.

If one of the children camping was my own son (and he usually was) I couldn't be alone with him.

The rules are there and the Scouting Association expects them to be obeyed.

Back to the OP: The man who molested you was a paedophile and should be reported - if only to protect other children.

I guess the burdon of proof is key here. Could the Scount leader prove to a court that this 18 year old was doing anything he shouldn't? Yes, it is suspect that he was found behind closed doors with the OP, but would that stand up in Court?

Archived