How much does a young man need to raise a family?

So true. :thumbsup:

My son refers to the bus as a “peasant wagon “ presumably he as picked that up from his mates so that begs the question ………… do “affluent” kids see public transport as only for the peasants.

Nope - my kids go on them all the time. .

No it isn't silly, saying that people need cars is silly. You tell me who really needs a car.:roll:

Every job I've had for the last 15 years has contractually required that I have a vehicle available for work. My husband's does as well. I suppose technically that could mean a scooter or motorbike or something, but I'm not sure how feasible that is when I'm expected to be in a suit for work stuff?

Every job I've had for the last 15 years has contractually required that I have a vehicle available for work.

To do what ?

If your job involves driving about then I think the company should supply you with one. What we were saying in this thread is that you don't need a car to live, you can actually survive without one.

:hihi:

Wait until they get a car a wouldn’t be seen dead on a bus.

Nope - they seriously are quite happy to get on buses, despite being from an affluent background (your words) . Or walk or get in a car.......its a means of getting from a to b . End of.

STOP BICKERING :rant::rant:

The man is asking a question

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Back to the question, I would say after tax a man would need to earn about £380 a week after tax to keep a family and house them.

If he put his woman to work - got her a job, he would not need to earn as much, but then who would clean the house, do the ironing and wash the pots?

STOP BICKERING :rant::rant:

The man is asking a question

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

Back to the question, I would say after tax a man would need to earn about £380 a week after tax to keep a family and house them.

If he put his woman to work - got her a job, he would not need to earn as much, but then who would clean the house, do the ironing and wash the pots?

stop shouting. transport is a cost - weare debating that .

Archived