How much does a young man need to raise a family?

That is to actually do their job, not just to get to/from it, which is what we are talking about.

How does a driving instructor get between jobs?

I know the point, but it is no good saying people don't need a car, it's the same as saying people don't need a house, or any clothes that cost over £4. You might as well be realistic. The bus and train services aren't even much cheaper than a car these days, anyway.

The bus and train services aren't even much cheaper than a car these days, anyway.

But they do exist and can be used. I've never had a car and I've managed just fine. A car costs more than 12 quid a week to own, which is what I used to spend getting to work and back on the tram.

But they do exist and can be used. I've never had a car and I've managed just fine. A car costs more than 12 quid a week to own, which is what I used to spend getting to work and back on the tram.

Try to imagine you didn't live in a place where you could get on and off a tram or a bus, how would you suggest getting to work then, assuming you don't want to spend more than you would on a car, on taxis?

I work from 8am to 4.30pm. The first bus doesn't come this way until 8.00am and gets into town at 8.20 then I have a 10 minute walk, making me 30 minutes late for work. When I finish work at 4.30 I miss the 4.30 bus by approx 10 minutes so I then have to wait until 5.30 for the next bus. I need my car............

Try to imagine you didn't live in a place where you could get on and off a tram or a bus, how would you suggest getting to work then, assuming you don't want to spend more than you would on a car, on taxis?

So finaly we all seem to be in agreement that no-one needs a car!:)

Back on topic. Are we any closer to finding out how much a young man needs to raise a family?

So finaly we all seem to be in agreement that no-one needs a car!:)

Back on topic. Are we any closer to finding out how much a young man needs to raise a family?

I agree that we should get back on thread but I don't agree that no needs a car.

Archived