Do you regret not voting Labour?

The crisis was a combination of lack of banking regulation the banks taking far too many risks and the lie bour goverment borrowing record amounts to finance the boom yrs.

It was all a big con,and the people bought into it by borrowing more and more and not thinking of the consequences.The thing that gets me though is people like me who are debt free and have never lived beyond their means have been punished with the saving returns I get thanks to the above and their greed.

Well it was the tories in the form of Thatcher who de-regulated the banks and in doing so released the monster. Don't see any moves by the current government to re- regulate them.

I voted Conservative and its the only time I ever have and I was sick of Labour at the time of the general election but I deeply regret voting them.

I was pre warned about them before I voted and just wouldn't listen.

I will not be voting them again, better the devil you know I say.

My view is that Labour didn't cause it, but they did have a part to play in how badly it hit us. If they were 100% blame-free, how would one explain countries that escaped recession?

many governments have limited the effects or staved off the most recent recession by borrowing. our problem was the labour government of the early 2000's borrowed heavily while the country was booming. they did not save for a rainy day. therefore their efforts brought about the recession, one that would have otherwise been avoidable especially if brown had not personally intervened to create lloydes tsb, a bank the taxpayer had to save because it was too big to fail.

our problem was the labour government of the early 2000's borrowed heavily while the country was booming. they did not save for a rainy day. therefore their efforts brought about the recession, one that would have otherwise been avoidable especially if brown had not personally intervened to create lloydes tsb, a bank the taxpayer had to save because it was too big to fail.

And when the clouds were looming on the horizon, Brown's plan was to reduce VAT to get us to all empty our pockets and spend our rainy day funds!

I was one of the few on here to warn not to fall for Brown's stupid plan - that when things went wrong that new big screen TV you bought won't put food on the table or pay the bills.

I voted Conservative and its the only time I ever have and I was sick of Labour at the time of the general election but I deeply regret voting them.

I was pre warned about them before I voted and just wouldn't listen.

I will not be voting them again, better the devil you know I say.

You might not think it but you probably made the right choice.

Labour had their heads in the sand with the country's finances - just like those who run up huge credit cards and can't face the bill.

If Labour had won they'd have carried on for much longer before having to face the inevitable. However, then you'd have the same as now, but also huge bills for BSF and ID cards and I reckon you'd have seen the same job loses but huge council tax increases.

I am afraid we have predominantly left wing media in this country:

BBC1

BBC2

BBC news 24

Radio 1

radio 2

radio 4

radio 5

all local BBC stations

ITV

The Grauniad

The Mirror

The Independent

Many Many local Papers

The Voice

etc

Don't know where you got the impression that the BBC are left wing - they simply repeat the government point of view over any subject.

And the right-wing press sells in far greater numbers than the Guardian:

The Mail

The Express

The Times

The Telegraph

The Sun

The Star

x

Archived