Do you regret not voting Labour?

I voted Conservative and its the only time I ever have and I was sick of Labour at the time of the general election but I deeply regret voting them.

I was pre warned about them before I voted and just wouldn't listen.

I will not be voting them again, better the devil you know I say.

Did any Tory policies appeal to you, or was it just a protest vote?

x

Much of what you say is indeed true, but the part I have quoted in bold I must strongly disagree with. Labour were anything but prudent imho; they encouraged people to get into as much debt as possible in order to make the economy seem healthier than it was, all the while borrowing more and more themselves.

I must have missed those easy credit available from the Laour Party leaflets you received.. but then junk mail goes in my bin anyway.

I think it goes to show that you simply can't have it both ways. Labour spend and borrow beyond their means to provide the services people want but get the economy into a mess, while the Tories sort the economy out by cutting back - they can't provide the same level of service that Labour have got people used to and still make ends meet.

Except you have already accepted they didn't spend beyond their means and the cause for the crisis predates them. :huh:

You seem to be the one wanting it both ways.

This graph shows just how dangerous the UK's plans are and how out of kilter they are with the rest of the world.

http://duncanseconomicblog.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/uk-fiscal-policy-in-international-comparison/

Some more detail on what it is doing wrong:

http://www.voxeu.org/index.php?q=node/6175

And an indication of what they are doing right.

These are real figures not just some mush that you've picked up of a selected blog.

http://www.britishinformation.com/news/Motor-News/2011-01/Car-production-in-the-UK-increased-28-in-2010-19912497/

Records show that the UK's production of commercial vehicles and cars rose by 28% during the year 2010 right up to nearly 1.4m units and the industry of car makers have stated they predict even more growth during 2011.

The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders stated on Thursday that Car production increased by 27% in the previous year to 1.27m units. The Industry generated 123,019 commercial vehicles, which is an increase of 36% on 2010, as well as 2.39m engines , a 16% increase on last year also.

But, these records have also indicated production slowing down a little during the month of December with the total vehicle production reaching 88,028 units , 23% more than in December the previous year.

The UK's car industry is now nearly completely foreign owned however the market still remains one of the largest in the economy. Next to top producers such as Jaguar Land Rover, Bently, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, General Motor and Ford Motor have plants producing cars, vans and engines in the Britain, many of which are then relocated to the Continent or even further.

"UK vehicle production is leading the manufacturing recovery with output in 2010 up 27.8 per cent”, Paul Everitt, the SMMT's chief executive said.

The Worlds car production is predicted to have risen to record levels of at least 70m units last year due to rising sales in emerging markets like China and a recovery from a huge sales decrease in mature ones.

Analysts have said that the forecasts made by SMMT's which show continued growth in the sector are realistic as the manufacturers started producing brand new vehicles such as Nissan's Juke, General Motor's Vauxhall/Opel Astra and Land Rover's Evogue , a car which is due to be launched into production later in 2011.

• 1 month later...

close down the labour loving bbc. radio sheffield and the star. are always rolling out blunkett for his opinions have they forgotten what he did when he was on the front bench ? do they send a car to collect him from his back to back slum house on the chatsworth estate? pigs in the trough? think we should be told

Just wondering if people who didnt vote for labour would, if they could go back in time and change there vote for whatever reason, or are you glad you did vote your party and stick by your decision? Was it what you expected it to be? is it for the best or do you think its all gone a bit to far from what you expected or less?

Whats your opnion?

It wouldn't have made any difference. Since 1997 Labour have been implementing Tory policies.

Both parties are the puppets of big business. There is no one representing the middle and working classes.

Archived