Do you regret not voting Labour?

Thankfully,the 2nd part of your statement, 'only a small number of their ideas will make it' isnt true.

Relatively small and I did follow by saying they are punching above their weight :D

It does seem that some Lib Dem supporters whom in my experience think they are somewhat more politically savy than supporters of other parties are now coming across as political novices by utterly misunderstanding their place in the coalition. For all intents and purposes, the Lib Dems LOST the election by a very long way and should be grateful for the chance to influence policy as much as they do now. There is no chance of a Lib Dem majority in this lifetime.

Do we wish we had voted for Labour?

Take a look at the pain we're having to suffer to put things right, and imagine it being so much worse because we'd waited another five years before tackling it. In fact, if you can remember the early 80s you won't have to imagine; you will already know what pain and suffering is necessary to put right things that have gone so far wrong.

What he said.

No I don't regret it.

I gambled on a hung Parliament and a coalition and so far they have done a few things I hoped they would do. Getting rid of the expensive and useless I.D.scheme, having a referendum on Voting and getting rid of public funded quangos. Its just a pity they didn't stop the Trident upgrade.

But.. the only thing I don't like is Cameron the person and the way the unemployed and those on benefits are being harassed and called benefit scroungers.

Relatively small and I did follow by saying they are punching above their weight :D

It does seem that some Lib Dem supporters whom in my experience think they are somewhat more politically savy than supporters of other parties are now coming across as political novices by utterly misunderstanding their place in the coalition. For all intents and purposes, the Lib Dems LOST the election by a very long way and should be grateful for the chance to influence policy as much as they do now. There is no chance of a Lib Dem majority in this lifetime.

I am interested in your concept of this as (to me) the post that I made setting out 8 clear points that had been achieved is an enormous amount achieved, as you say being the junior partner..and coming 3rd and still managing to make this much difference.

The last Labour government was indecisive and weak - but it was one hundred times better than the shower we have now. The ConDems refuse to implement policies that they stood for election on (such as no tuition fees and reducing our financial contributions to the EU) whilst implementing policies that never saw the light of day during the election (such as massive cuts to the NHS and shedding thousands of Defence sector jobs).

I am interested in your concept of this as (to me) the post that I made setting out 8 clear points that had been achieved is an enormous amount achieved, as you say being the junior partner..and coming 3rd and still managing to make this much difference.

8 out of how many manifesto pledges? How many of those pledges have they had to either give up or do a u turn on?

Are some people still of the opinion that just because they voted Lib Dem and they are part of the coalition government that ALL of their manifesto pledges should be government policy now?

The lib dems are a junior partner in the coalition, therefore only a small number of their ideas will make it. They are punching above their weight generally and some of their ideas take time to filter through, such as the £10K personal allowance.

Its called democracy and just because you didn't get 100% of what you want, that doesn't make it wrong, it just makes you a whiney person who misunderstands one of the most important issues facing your place in the world.

No I think that SOME folk who didn't vote Lib Dem are suggesting that. I think most people who voted for either of the ruling parties are well aware of the situation and the drastic measures required to clear up the mess that the last government left behind.

No I think that SOME folk who didn't vote Lib Dem are suggesting that. I think most people who voted for either of the ruling parties are well aware of the situation and the drastic measures required to clear up the mess that the last government left behind.

Totally agree, only people that think they should have voted labour are the people like agent orange who is worry about their benefit being cut.

Totally agree, only people that think they should have voted labour are the people like agent orange who is worry about their benefit being cut.

That's a wrong assumption as it was Labour who kicked of the benefit reforms with implementing the "New Deal" and 10 years later "Flexible New Deal." It was also Labour policy to make those unemployed and on benefits to do 4 weeks unpaid work, a policy drawn up in 2009. They were also instrumental in paying private enterprise; A4E, Remploy, Wise Ability ETC to deal with the unemployed and getting rid of Jobcentre staff. What Cameron is doing is capitalising on that strategy to eventually privatise Jobcentres.

Archived