Do you regret not voting Labour?

Maybe Labour will have some policies by then.

I think the coalition will be in a very strong position in time for the next election.

I don't think anyone on this forum is in any position to talk crystal balls. We don't know what the future holds.

I am afraid we have predominantly left wing media in this country:

BBC1

BBC2

BBC news 24

Radio 1

radio 2

radio 4

radio 5

all local BBC stations

ITV

The Grauniad

The Mirror

The Independent

Many Many local Papers

The Voice

etc

You seem to have forgotten

The Daily Mail

The Sun

The Daily telegraph

The Times

and the last time I checked, The Sun and Daily Mail had the largest circulation in the country.

Its not the amount of Left Wing newspapers we have, it is the amount of papers bought and the effect the news has on the buying public.

I think you will find that Smarmy Dave's rating's are falling.

You seem to have been rather selective in what you've reported from YouGov. Labour is the party most people would like to see run the country:

Polls currently included in the average

Pollster/Client End Date C L LD Lead Weighting

YouGov/Sunday Times 2011-02-25 36 44 10 Lab +8

YouGov/Sun 2011-02-24 38 42 10 Lab +4

YouGov/Sun 2011-02-23 38 44 11 Lab +6

YouGov/Sun 2011-02-22 37 43 9 Lab +6

YouGov/Sun 2011-02-21 36 42 11 Lab +6

ICM/Guardian 2011-02-20 35 38 18 Lab +3

Ipsos-MORI/Reuters 2011-02-12 33 43 13 Lab +10

ComRes/Independent on Sunday (O) 2011-02-10 36 42 11 Lab +6

Angus Reid/ 2011-02-10 34 40 11 Lab +5

Populus/Times 2011-02-06 36 39 11 Lab +3

This average 6% lead (based on uniform swing) would give Labour a 78 seat majority.

The cuts have yet to start.

All that is as maybe. I have no doubt that the current coalition are unpopular in the polls at the moment as they are having to clear up the economic mess the country is in and that is never going to make them popular. However back to the poll that I reported. If as you say Labour are ahead in the polls it looks even worse for Miliband. He is more unpopular than Brown and around 50% less popular than Cameron.

Labour picked the wrong leader. In 4 years time that will count for a lot.

People who think that Labour would do a good job (they didn't for 13 years) are seriously deluded. They all but wrecked this country in virtually everything they did. They must have very short memories

and you think the Tories did a good job for the previous 18 years, with mass unemployment, riots, strikes, the shutting down of UK industries and by selling businesses to foreign owners, running down of services, poll tax, deregulation of the banks etc? The list goes on

and you think the Tories did a good job for the previous 18 years, with mass unemployment, riots, strikes, the shutting down of UK industries and by selling businesses to foreign owners, running down of services, poll tax, deregulation of the banks etc? The list goes on

They left the country in a much better state than the Labours did

Just when was the Winter of Discontent? I could have sworn that came right after the IMF bailout of the British economy and happened when Callaghan was LABOUR Prime Minister.

Archived