The NEW Old Grindstone

Venkman

Anyone been in since it finished it's recent re-furb?

I walked past last night and it looks a lot less tatty (even if the colour scheme reminded me of Animal from the Muppet Show :))

It seemed full too (especially for a Tuesday night). Beer any good? Food any good? Service any good?

we went in saturday evening and i must say i was quite impressed, we didn't eat but the menu looked ok and the prices were very good. Greene King now own and run it. we spoke to the manager and she was very welcoming and seemed very keen.

Popped in for a pint on sunday, and it looks x20 better than it did.

Cheaper beer prices than before, cheap food, full size snooker table- nothing much to complain about at all really :)

Good news this, the last lot were a disaster.

It was owned by the "Sheffield Pub Company", which I'm aware is actually just a branding name for one of the massive pubcos, but I never worked out which one.

Anyone know? I presume Greene King are new owners.

Good luck to them, it's a boozer with plenty of potential but its been in decline for so long.

Not going to get into an argument about how long Greene king have owned the Old Grindstone. It has been on theie web site along with The Old Heavy Gate for at least 2 years. Greene King are a pub co. There are also brewers but they own hundreds of pubs across the country that they lease out to tennants. They also have a large numbe rof managed houses.

Archived