Pakistan's only Christian minister shot dead in Islamabad

The minister referred to in the thread title was buried today- I've just been reading about it.

I hadn't realised that the Blasphemy Law he was campaigning against carries the death penalty for anyone who insults Islam. I wonder why such a law exists.

The minister referred to in the thread title was buried today- I've just been reading about it.

I hadn't realised that the Blasphemy Law he was campaigning against carries the death penalty for anyone who insults Islam. I wonder why such a law exists.

The law was created to make it legal to kill non muslim people.

In Islam there are laws for example death penalty for the rapist.

Some will say this is Barbaric but wait until it's their mother sister or wife who gets raped then they will change their mind.

But don't they also tend to stone the raped woman to death as well?

I wonder how our (any flavour of) government would justify such a question?

The Beeb asked it only the other day, though the aid was destined for India.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12607537

Personally I don't buy the "for" arguement, I think any country that can afford to spend billions on defence doesn't need aid.

The problem with Pakistan is that everyone there is so corrupt, hardly anyone who actually has any money pays taxes, instead relying on US aid to pay for their defence (while at the same time slagging them off ofcourse).

The Beeb asked it only the other day, though the aid was destined for India.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12607537

Personally I don't buy the "for" arguement, I think any country that can afford to spend billions on defence doesn't need aid.

The problem with Pakistan is that everyone there is so corrupt, hardly anyone who actually has any money pays taxes, instead relying on US aid to pay for their defence (while at the same time slagging them off ofcourse).

How Islamic of them.

what makes you think gut instinct is right?

In Islam there are laws for example death penalty for the rapist.

Some will say this is Barbaric but wait until it's their mother sister or wife who gets raped then they will change their mind.

In Islam alcohol is banned, some will say this is against freedom of choice but don't have the same view on Heroin and Cocain. Is this not hypocracy?

Look at all the crime and violence that the drug of alcohol causes in societies and all the police resources that have to be allocated to deal with it. Not to mention the strain on the NHS due to alcohol related desease and deaths.

Funny isn't it. Despite all these Islamic laws, how Islamic countries are so corrupt and the source of so many drugs coming to this country.

Funny isn't it. Despite all these Islamic laws, how Islamic countries are so corrupt and the source of so many drugs coming to this country.

you are right about most of these countries being corrupt but can you name the biggest drugs exporting country in that region and who controls it?

Archived